Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

trist n rip, was this a bad idea?

Dane McMillen
@dane-mcmillen
14 years ago
24 posts
I ended up twisting n ripping my hair. I got impatient, and I think I might regret it. Right now I have some good knots from the twisting and ripping but of course they are falling out which I expected. My hair is still pretty knotted in the middle but not from the root down to about 1-2 inches past the root and also at the ends. Will it still knot naturally at the root and ends over time or should I start over?
updated by @dane-mcmillen: 01/13/15 08:48:00PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
uregret starting so why would u start over but yea they will dread up just fine just .. turn off that impatience.. nothing will happen soon enough if you put a schedule on itif you simply stopped combing with the hopes that it dreaded sometime in this lifetime then it would seem quick even if the 1st knots didnt happen for 5 yearsbut igf your expecting full dreadiness in a week by day 4 your impatient if your not 1/2 way there well now your forced yourself to jump 1/2 way ahead of yourself and again cause your not fully there you want to start all over?if u got 1 knot..your on your way..not just let it dread..and forget all about trtying to get dreads instead just live as though you already got dreads and the dreads will grow in as you simply go on with yoir life

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts
sounds like normal twist n rip! yeah it dreads up eventually... and pretty quick too!
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Unraveling like what you described is normal. My dreadlocks were started and unraveled exactly the same way.

Just keep your hair clean on a regular basis. If you don't want your dreadlocks to "Congo" pull them away from each other also.
Pathargic
@patrick2
14 years ago
61 posts
Unraveling at the roots is normal and a good thing. Unraveling in general is also normal, especially if you T&R'd large sections. I've got plenty of sections that just flat-out untwisted. It's best to just leave them. Also, don't rush it so much. You'll only be stressing yourself out more in the end.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form