Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

From braids to dreads?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
with your hair once its wax free i bet if u twist into sections they kinda hold together huh.. just twist then wear a tam after u take the tam off seperate anty that are trying to grow together after washing retwist any that fell apart by 2 weeks they should be holding together from there leave em alone except to seperate if u gottaor get waxless throw on a tam and only seperate as they start to knot

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/13/15 11:53:31AM
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
I agree, try to get your money back because that salon screwed you. I'm for the natural method, of course it's always fun to play in your hair but leave the wax alone, if you are obsessive about not having loose hairs stick to aloe vera gel. Definitely wash, unwashed hair is nasty. No one wants to snuggle with a greasy nasty dread.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
post an updare after4 u get the wax out,..then we can help u from there

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
MountainWillow
@mountainwillow
15 years ago
141 posts
I agree with what everyone else already said. Sounds like that salon screwed you hard. There is no reason why you shouldnt wash your hair just because they braided it, even if started with braids (which I have heard some people do) you need to wash your hair in order for it to tangle and knot around the braids. I could understand if they wanted you to wait a short while because of a chemical service like perming or dying, but just braided? They are stupid. And they coated them with wax. UGhDefinately de wax.Go back and ask for your $$ but I doubt highly they will give it back to you since they will probably not see anything wrong with what they did. I have heard salon horror stories and the salons usually put up a fight and wont do anything.They are your dreads, and its your head. If you see reason to speed up the process a little and have more neat looking dreads from the start and go to a salon, then I suggest you do some strong research and choose a good loctition who knows what they are doing.Ask questions on their methods, and stuff. Look for happy and unhappy customers who are still walking around with their dreads from the salons your are investigating.Otherwise if you can live with the messyness then I suggested T&R and good ol neglect after degunking the wax in your hair.Its your head though. Good Luck

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form