Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

how to dread

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
well u maybe can tekll if theres wax still in them by stiffness hardness they should be spongy to touch and bend very ez

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 11:58:06PM
anthony williams
@anthony-williams
15 years ago
101 posts
k... ive only been on this the second dread journey of mine forrrrr about three months now. and with that being said i know im not super experienced. buuuuut... i think that if you started with backcombing and then just pretty much leave them be as i have done since about week two, over the years how could they just as you put it "not last" for more than ten or so years i mean, sure the backcombed part may be weaker, i can see that point but are we forgetting about all that new NATURAL growth? i mean what if the backcombed part just... i dunno, fell right the heck off (god forbid) haha, but wouldnt after i would assume growing em for a goood amount of years all that new NATURAL part be just fine? i mean no disrespect at all SE, NONE. but that part of your debate against this other fella just didnt really make a whole lotta sense thats all! :) please feel free to correct me sir! soaringeagle said:
Use of inferior styling tools that rip or snag hair (cheap synthetic brushes or combs, brush rollers, etc.,).
Improper detangling techniques.

in other words
combing

so if combing causes dammage
detangling techniques remove a very very small number of knots at a time
tangling by backcombing on the other hand is creatting millions of kbots atr a time
this is Improper tanglimng techniquews" so odviosly is a massive cause of dammage

your very own "proof" proved my point clearly ...thank you

maybe you should read every line not just one
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
nobody really backcombed as recent as 10 years ago...and theres backcombing on ce then letting go,but backcombers get into that whole working on them cycle rub roll and overwork thing that adds upbut yea just the backcombed parts and rootsunles they went on with over maintainingbackcombing hasnt been around that long..i dont know how everyone i know dreaded odviosly since i know so many, but its rare to see em over 7-8 years backcombedthe dammage extent also depends on how agressively u try to force tightness anthony williams said:
k... ive only been on this the second dread journey of mine forrrrr about three months now. and with that being said i know im not super experienced. buuuuut... i think that if you started with backcombing and then just pretty much leave them be as i have done since about week two, over the years how could they just as you put it "not last" for more than ten or so years i mean, sure the backcombed part may be weaker, i can see that point but are we forgetting about all that new NATURAL growth? i mean what if the backcombed part just... i dunno, fell right the heck off (god forbid) haha, but wouldnt after i would assume growing em for a goood amount of years all that new NATURAL part be just fine? i mean no disrespect at all SE, NONE. but that part of your debate against this other fella just didnt really make a whole lotta sense thats all! :) please feel free to correct me sir!

soaringeagle said:
Use of inferior styling tools that rip or snag hair (cheap synthetic brushes or combs, brush rollers, etc.,).
Improper detangling techniques.

in other words
combing

so if combing causes dammage
detangling techniques remove a very very small number of knots at a time
tangling by backcombing on the other hand is creatting millions of kbots atr a time
this is Improper tanglimng techniquews" so odviosly is a massive cause of dammage

your very own "proof" proved my point clearly ...thank you

maybe you should read every line not just one

--
Shane Williams
@shane-williams
15 years ago
3 posts
should i backcomb a little and when there in their individual dreads just leave them and let them mature naturally?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
you can although id recomend twist and rip over backcombthey will dread if you do nothing, its for you to decide what effort you put in and how much damage is acceptible, if you dont over do it it wont be bad..twist and rips more gentle though and the results generaly neater Shane Williams said:
should i backcomb a little and when there in their individual dreads just leave them and let them mature naturally?

--
tron
@tron
15 years ago
4 posts
after 5 years and 3 sets of trying to use back combing more then once or using wax..I learnedEventually you just have to let them go... my hair taught me the hard way to be patient.This final set I backcombed once in the beginning and just left it.I however did crochet/felt the tips after a few months and there still round now.Never any wax on this set, back combed once and the ends felted once. 1yr agoI will only shorten these if they are hurting my neck from the weight.I wash them every 4-6 days now with deluded Dr broners.
Kundalini Rise
@kundalini-rise
14 years ago
67 posts
Thank you for posting this!
Justin
@justin
14 years ago
5 posts
How exactly does the wool/hand rubbing method work?
Jessica Aukema
@jessica-aukema
14 years ago
11 posts
okay, lemme get this straight. you want me to do nothing to my hair? i mean absolutely, positively, definately, nothing.i know this should be an easy concept to get, but being human makes me want to make things complicated.wash once a week and wait. hmmmm....so simple, and yet..... i really want to make this ...... i just wanna mess with ...... this may actually be the hardest/ easiest thing i have ever done.HOW DO I DO NOTHING? there should be a support group for doing nothing. ;D
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
haha once u get the hang of it its so liberatingwell not nothing nothing u still should separate em Jessica Aukema said:
okay, lemme get this straight. you want me to do nothing to my hair? i mean absolutely, positively, definately, nothing.

i know this should be an easy concept to get, but being human makes me want to make things complicated.

wash once a week and wait. hmmmm....so simple, and yet..... i really want to make this ...... i just wanna mess with ...... this may actually be the hardest/ easiest thing i have ever done.

HOW DO I DO NOTHING? there should be a support group for doing nothing. ;D

--

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form