dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

how to start dreadlocks that will last

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

how t start dreadlocks that will last

the way to start dreadlocks that will last is not typically the way that starts dreadlocks fastso before you begin your dreadlocks and decide how to start, take into consideration a few factors.do you absolutely need to have dreadlocks in a day even if it means they will only last a few months or a couple years?or can you wait a few months for them to dread so they can last a lifetime?now i am not saying that all dreads made by backcombing or crochet are doomed to be cut in a week, no some have lasted even 10 years (oldest i've come across anyway) but statistically they don't last as long this maybe because they had less profound meaning, but more then likely it was because of a tendency to use wax or over maintain themthe best way to dread that will give your dreadlocks a chance to last a lifetimeis the way thats the least harmful and attaches the most meaning to your dreads this is the natural way to dread all dreads (or at least 99%) that have lasted 20 years (like mine) 30 or even over 40 years long are natural dreads that are healthy as can be.most but not all who keep dreads that long have very deep religious spiritual or emotional bonds with the dreadlocks they wear so proudly.thinking of it as "just a hairstyle" is almost a guarantee that you will do harm to the dreads to reach a synthetic "perfect dreadlocks" look that will make them short lived when maintaining that level of perfection becomes far too time consuming and expensive.the key to how to make dreadlocks last forever is in your attitude as much as the methods and maintenance's you choose. you must choose the lifestyle over the look of dreads, stick to the natural path that nurtures the dreadlocks instead of the fashion path that forces the look or style.sorry i didn't get into specifics of methods and madness but always willing to answer questions

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 08:46:23PM
Kiwi Chick
@kiwi-chick
14 years ago
28 posts
I like that SE, its in the attitude, absolutely !!!!!!!I myself am 4 months in to my dreadies, I started by backcombing, and now just totally natural. Today I was sitting their watching a movie, and I was platting them where I noticed that on my right side I have loops and kinks in almost every single dread, on this side, my sis just pretty much grabbed whatever hair and backcombed, the sections were not properly sectioned but thats cool and on my left side, they smaller sections, been sectioned carefully and there are no loops or whatever, there.So what Im finding is that my right side, im going to end up with some fatties and on my left side, some skinnys lol, like what the heck, BUUUT, its algud, im not fussed at all, I love each and every dread on my head, they locking up nicely each and everyone of them, im not at all fussed with the way they look, ive also grown to love the mess, and not worry at all.I really wouldn't have had it any other way....
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
they will be uniquely you

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
green bean
@green-bean
14 years ago
57 posts
im glad im letting mine grow natural and free. its almost been a year! =]