Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Remember me? No? Well, help me anyway please.

Junebug Johnson
@junebug-johnson
14 years ago
22 posts
Okay, so after about 6 months, I decided to restart my dreads.. Why? Well, I feel as I didnt know enough, so me and my mom took 9 hours out of a saturday to take them out.Well, I'm backcombing saturday and then more sunday. I was just wondering if i should use bands. I want them to be kinda bigger than last time? How much hair should I use in one dread? Like, sectionwise. I probably wont use the rubber bands.My friends need to measure though. Theyre kinda simple minded, so how should I explain this to them?
updated by @junebug-johnson: 01/13/15 08:46:06PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
no rubber bands!!!and well if u want them thick an inch semi think 1/2-3/4 thin 1/4 or sowhy backcomb?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Junebug Johnson
@junebug-johnson
14 years ago
22 posts
Well, I would use the neglect method, but it can be painful (the ripping) and I have school. I'm a sophomore and even though I dont care what people think, It would still be best to have the process speedy a bit. :) It worked last time. No rubber bands. promise. soaringeagle said:
no rubber bands!!!
and well if u want them thick an inch semi think 1/2-3/4 thin 1/4 or so
why backcomb?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well didnt mean u should go neglect but why not t&r instead of backcomb

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mikey Mikez
@mikey-mikez
14 years ago
90 posts
backcombing is 1000x more painful than ripping sections apart once in a while... i have few backcombed and few twist'n'ripped dreads and i would definitely not backcomb ever again... yes backcombing is a bit quicker but pointless because it will get much more loose so i think its nearly pointless... Jenna Buggle said:
Well, I would use the neglect method, but it can be painful (the ripping) and I have school. I'm a sophomore and even though I dont care what people think, It would still be best to have the process speedy a bit. :) It worked last time. No rubber bands. promise.

soaringeagle said:
no rubber bands!!!
and well if u want them thick an inch semi think 1/2-3/4 thin 1/4 or so
why backcomb?
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
No matter what method of dreading you use you will have to rip dreads apart unless you want congos.
Rebecca Elaine
@rebecca-elaine
14 years ago
7 posts
backcombing shouldn't hurt, if so its too aggressive. and no matter how u start ur dreads off ull always have to rip em apart, unless ur going for a beavertail
orbit2332
@orbit2332
14 years ago
65 posts
ooops the computer was still signed into bekkas account. that was me
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
why did you restart your dreads after 6 months?
Junebug Johnson
@junebug-johnson
14 years ago
22 posts
I hadn't ripped any of the back dreads and there was just a huge congo in the back. I had also started them out of an act of rebellion at my parents, even though I wanted them anyway.

Lex said:
why did you restart your dreads after 6 months?
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form