Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Should I TnR??

Jamie Thompson
@jamie-thompson
14 years ago
36 posts
So here's the situation it's been a month today since I have started my freedmen dreads which aren't actually present. My hair has shown no real progress. The only dreads I have are a couple that I TnR'd in while I was bored at work. They seem to be holding pretty well. ( the usual, unravel a bit then knot up however they please.) I have been sleeping on a wool blanket and spraying with sea salt. I wash my hair every other day or every 2 days with baking soda.Please tell me if I should alter anything I am doing and continue letting it do it's thing( it being me whole head of hair) or should I just start TnRing the my whole head.Also it did not take long for my ma to figure out the whole operation. She is cool with it though.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
updated by @jamie-thompson: 01/13/15 08:46:00PM
Mikey Mikez
@mikey-mikez
14 years ago
90 posts
i dont know what you shoud do, probably exactly what u want ;))) u might have a hair quality which doesnt dread well, just twist'n'rip it if u feel like it... u wont lose anything by doing that...i would do it if i were u... it will still be totaly fine natural dread..
Jamie Thompson
@jamie-thompson
14 years ago
36 posts
Thanks both of you i guess really that is the input i was looking for. i guess it is my choice i guess i didnt know if it was damaging to my hair.i will probably do a couple each week for a while. my hair sections itself a little while i sleep(seems to come out when i wash), i will go off that for sections. i work at a golf course so cant do all at once. about another month till it closes for winter:)
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
not too surprising to not see a huge change in a month, but like KS said, if you wanna start with T&R you can do so if you decide it's what you want, but other than that your doing everything right :)
Jamie Thompson
@jamie-thompson
14 years ago
36 posts
cool man thanks i had thought i was doing something right Iain said:
not too surprising to not see a huge change in a month, but like KS said, if you wanna start with T&R you can do so if you decide it's what you want, but other than that your doing everything right :)
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
I think the real problem is your hair length. From what you said, you are doing all the right things...from looking at your pics, if they are fairly recent...your hair is a tiny bit short and I bet it will dread more as you get more growth. I have noticed that alot of people here who start alittle longer knot up a bit faster, the nature of long hair in general is to tangle. I guess you could T&R alittle if you like, won't hurt. But I do think your dreading will progress more as you get longer hair...but, don't give up! : )
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form