Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey everyone, my situation.

Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
yeah.. true that. its all gud, ima body wash the wax out and get it going from there. i just hope body wash works like everyone says it does and that its not another scam. ill find out within the week. and ill deff be posting about if it works or not. soaringeagle said:
u shouldsa just loooked around here we all dreaded without wax the ones who did wax didnt really dread till they stopped using wax and started removing it
u know hair dreads naturally without wax so u shoulda known that was was at the very least unesacary..gel too
and the dumb loctician should know that as well

updated by @tony-goodtime: 07/03/15 07:52:31AM
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
^^ thanksss rawsum said:
cool tony .. here's a link with the way I use the Bodyspalsh :)

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/dread-wax-removal-with#a...

Tony Goodtime said:
yeah.. true that. its all gud, ima body wash the wax out and get it going from there. i just hope body wash works like everyone says it does and that its not another scam. ill find out within the week. and ill deff be posting about if it works or not.

soaringeagle said:
u shouldsa just loooked around here we all dreaded without wax the ones who did wax didnt really dread till they stopped using wax and started removing it
u know hair dreads naturally without wax so u shoulda known that was was at the very least unesacary..gel too
and the dumb loctician should know that as well
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
i have it, but i havnt used it yet. im probably gonna do it 2moro. but i wanna make sure i do it right. i was reading about what u wrote on how to do it, i was a bit confused on how long to keep the body splash in my hair for b4 doing the dawn clean
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
sounds good. yeah i wantd to keep the sectioning. so i dont do each dread/the whole head at 1 time? do half one day and half another? sorry if i seem slow, i smoke to much rawsum said:
great news ! the time blocks I tried it were 15 minutes for the first application and then a one hour soak for the second application a few days later nad then 4 hours .. then 8 hour soak etc... this was just to test the product for my own person and find how it affected my scalp etc... so far I have had no ill effects from the process but for each person they should approach any herbal or botanical product with some caution... and make sure it is compatible with your skin etc... I am confident you will be ok and that's why I have not tried to mix up a concoction to market directly.. this is a known and respected product designed for topical skin use so should be safe for the majority .. I am SO looking forward to your progress updates Tony Goodtime.. be patient and take time and care with each dread as much as possible for the best results.. one trick I tried was to start on the right front one time and the left front the next time alternating my concentration .. For you as I rrmember you were going to try and preserve your sectioning ... is that still the plan?

keep us posted .. thanks !

Tony Goodtime said:
i have it, but i havnt used it yet. im probably gonna do it 2moro. but i wanna make sure i do it right. i was reading about what u wrote on how to do it, i was a bit confused on how long to keep the body splash in my hair for b4 doing the dawn clean
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Stopped by this thread to check on your progress...anxious to see if you get good results. Keeping my fingers crossed that it is a quick and painless process even though you were pretty rude to me : )
Ginger jack
@ginger-jack
14 years ago
29 posts
Hey man, I got mine myself done in a salon, so I know what your talking about, I came outta there looking like sideshow bob, literally, but iv been helped on here and what you might want to do, is boil the wax out, and put elastic bands at the ends, (about an inch or two from the tips) and every few days re-backcomb them, this is what I decided to do and I'm happy with my salon dreads, just keep at it brother, but make sure you seperate them each morning. :)
Tony Goodtime
@tony-goodtime
14 years ago
57 posts
lolsry panterra, im glad ur keeping up to datee to see wut happens tho ;)and rawsum, ight i preety much understand. thanks for the helpp everyonee, ill keep everyone updated on how it goes.i think ima start it today idk i wanna get my mom to help me but shes always busy
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Hey! As for those bands....they need to come out! And as far as the re backcombing.....please stop. As Chewin Change also said, it causes alot of damage! You rebackcombing isn't causing it to lock any better. Backcombing will fall out and its only purpose is to provide a base or foundation for locking...it is not going to create your dreads for you. By going at it in the way you are you are just making needless damage and weak spots...bands do that. Also, remember, you need movement in the hair for it to dread well. You are on your way....so relax....and let your hair take over, it knows what to do! Blessings. Ginger jack said:
Hey man, I got mine myself done in a salon, so I know what your talking about, I came outta there looking like sideshow bob, literally, but iv been helped on here and what you might want to do, is boil the wax out, and put elastic bands at the ends, (about an inch or two from the tips) and every few days re-backcomb them, this is what I decided to do and I'm happy with my salon dreads, just keep at it brother, but make sure you seperate them each morning. :)
Ginger jack
@ginger-jack
14 years ago
29 posts
Pantera dudette, I see where you an chewin change are comin from, but it worked for me so I thought I'd pass on the info, no offence. :)

Panterra Caraway said:
Hey! As for those bands....they need to come out! And as far as the re backcombing.....please stop. As Chewin Change also said, it causes alot of damage! You rebackcombing isn't causing it to lock any better. Backcombing will fall out and its only purpose is to provide a base or foundation for locking...it is not going to create your dreads for you. By going at it in the way you are you are just making needless damage and weak spots...bands do that. Also, remember, you need movement in the hair for it to dread well. You are on your way....so relax....and let your hair take over, it knows what to do! Blessings. Ginger jack said:
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Oh hey...none taken! : ) I just don't want you to get weak spots and have your dreads break off like our poor member Mogwi! We are all learning from each other...that is what makes it cool! Ginger jack said:
Pantera dudette, I see where you an chewin change are comin from, but it worked for me so I thought I'd pass on the info, no offence. :)

Panterra Caraway said:

/ 4
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form