Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

twist&rip or backcombing?

cassie gabriel
@cassie-gabriel
14 years ago
80 posts
my first set of dreads were backcombed and they were pretty good, some kinda fellout but then started dreading by itsself. and ive seen alot of beautiful dreads that were backcombed. but people have also said the tnr method is alot better. and they look more cleaner in the beginning, but to me they just look like braids, maybe thats just cause their thin.so id wanna know what you guys think about which method YOU think is better.i would appreciate it!thank you
updated by @cassie-gabriel: 01/13/15 08:43:17PM
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
depends when one you more comfortable with, when i first tried T&R some peoples hair it did look alot more twisted then have that lock'd look to it, but when you get the hang of it they really look pretty good, backcombing seems more simple (always gonna be those small changes you can do with your backcombing tho)in the end when either method matures they will look like locks.
cassie gabriel
@cassie-gabriel
14 years ago
80 posts
do u have to keep tnring your dreads? its not like a one time thing like backcombing..? Iain said:
depends when one you more comfortable with, when i first tried T&R some peoples hair it did look alot more twisted then have that lock'd look to it, but when you get the hang of it they really look pretty good, backcombing seems more simple (always gonna be those small changes you can do with your backcombing tho)

in the end when either method matures they will look like locks.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yes its a 1 time thing but holds together better then backcomb and alot less damagebut naturals really the best way to dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
idk about most people, but it should hopefully be a one time thing, some people (just like backcombing) might see theirs come apart, others have it hole insanely well, just depends what your hair is like now and how long (yours looks good and long though) unless it all came apart I'd just let it be,sometimes even if the body comes apart early on, if the section stays you know it will lock up eventually easily. if it all came apart I would try again.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form