Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

crochet to natural

karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts
Hey :) come over to the crochet recovery group :)I am in that phase right now...you commented on a photo of me, thats what they look like 2 months in.Ive never maintained with crochet though...im letting them do what they want, they seem happy enough :)
updated by @karen: 07/23/15 05:24:25AM
karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts
If you let go and let them go the patience you learn will be a strength gained from your dreadlocking experience :) That_Irie_Guy said:
Mos def bra u too ill take a look at ur pics. Its the patience thing that's killik me haha but I'm gettin better.
That_Irie_Guy
@that-irie-guy
14 years ago
64 posts
I did the twist and rip and back come but within a month I thouht they were progresing and I woke up the other morning with completely straight flowing hair. I could literally run a brush thru it no joke
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
I over crocheted my first set, and even after a year they still had this fake-dread woven look to them. I kinda dug it, it was different and pretty looking, but far from natural and I constantly had people asking were I got my fake dreads at.
That_Irie_Guy
@that-irie-guy
14 years ago
64 posts
I think I'm gonna just do it to get em started then leave them be. Any advice on washes or anything
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
I wash bout once a month with BS and ACV and spray with sea salt water bout twice between washings, sleep on it, then rise the salt out in the morning.
That_Irie_Guy
@that-irie-guy
14 years ago
64 posts
Damn once month! Don't they start smellin funkay
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
When your hair is loose and un-dreaded it leaves your scalp open to dirt and debris that's flying around in the air, it hits your scalp and clogs the pours, so your scalp produces more oil to attempt to push the gunk out and clear the pours.With dreaded hair your scalp is less open to that pesky debris so you produce less oil, meaning you literally don't have to wash as often.In addition, the cause of smelly dreads is mold, and mold can only start to grow if your hair is wet and not allowed to fully dry.So with washings, just wash when your hair is dirty. Whether that's once a month, 3 times a year, or once a week. And so long as you make sure they dry completely then you shouldn't have any odor problems.
That_Irie_Guy
@that-irie-guy
14 years ago
64 posts
Awwww I see well wat about when they're first done and ur scalp is exposed a lil bit. Hopefully they will loosen up a bit in rthe first coupl days
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
I would NEVER risk my dreads by shoving a crochet hook into them but that's just my opinion. Common sense seems to say that jamming a tool into knotted hair would be damaging.

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form