natural dreadlocks or neglect method dreading

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

wekll thats a multipart answer

if african yes you dont produce oils so the hair gets dry and brittle

part 2 non african

no if under a year old maybe 2 yes if over a year or 2 and fully mature as needed

only condition tio treat conditions if the hairs getting too dry and brittle condition

but not with normalk stre bought conditioners

use studff like aloe or jojoba

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/24/15 12:14:04PM
Sarah Dunn
@sarah-dunn
13 years ago
2 posts
i just back combed some of my hair and let the rest do its own thing. at work ill pull them back and have a wide headband on. the first day my manager looked shocked and says "uhhh...... um, nice hat!" LOL my other manager swears i dont wash my hair, so if she starts to give me hell, i just chase her and she freaks out. its totally worth it. lol

soaring eagle said:
when i worked in an office (mannaaging web designers) for the interview i showed up with my beard dreads tucked inside my shirt and wearring a tam, 1st day of work i see the receptionisys got crystals through guaged ears so i figured it wasnt all that uptight, 15 minutes after starting wiork i take off my tam andthe president of the company strolls by and stops in his tracks and just says "wow"
after that my only comprimise from my usual daily style was i wore shirts that didnt have the sleeves ripped off

u might wanna break it to em slower tie your hair back while its dreadin it wont look look too dready so u will be fine when dreads start to form if they say anything wear a tam, or wrap, if u go with wrap go for a solid xolor nutral black or somethinbg or headbands wide ones are best

most jobs wont care
wildhorse
@wildhorse
13 years ago
6 posts
nice n simple loves it :)got in some SLS/paraben free plain shampoo base to wash hair with. plan on seperating abit...figured i would do this anyway being in my nature to fiddle, so me dreads will still be technically 'natural' ;)got sea salt in anyways...but not sure what you want me to do with that
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

sea salt make a spray spray it on

will help it dread faster

--
wildhorse
@wildhorse
13 years ago
6 posts
ah now thats interesting bit of sync.

basically ive been bathing in sea salt with long hair under water soaking in it. i get out wrap towel round, dont rub, and ive not been combing as much, and my hairs been getting bit frizzy looking ish and 'rats tailsy' ;)

this was before i even found this site or read up on natural dreads.

so all i gotta do is not comb at all. i can do that :p

no problem with work...i work in a pretty open/aware place thats more like a commune even tho im a nurse there :)ta for quick reply btw
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

awesome whats this place u work at?

and yea just dont comb and let em dread

--
wildhorse
@wildhorse
13 years ago
6 posts

well its called botton village in north york moors uk and its for people with learning disabilities...beautiful setting, makes and sells its own organic produce, such as raw milk, and the villagers help with what needs to be done. they get alternative treatments as well as big pharma stuff *cant have it all huh lol* so my dreads not gunna be a problemo :)

one thing i dont really want is big fat dreads, they just wouldnt suit me, id rather have slimmer ones, but its knowing not to separate them too much so they can still dread...a skill im a novice at lol

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

is that 1 of those edger cayse inspired communities? theres 1 near here too

intersting space i almost joined em to help out few years back

and

seperate as often as needd as long as u arent obsessibvely undreading dreads b4 they can dread

--
wildhorse
@wildhorse
13 years ago
6 posts

soz for delay in reply...craaazy work shifts and break up blues meh...

but anyways, this place has a steiner school?? so maybe its on the same page kinda thing

just got my hair back to its natural colour as much as i could, and get some final condition to it. Just washed it, but havent combed it. do i seperate it when its dry?

either way...new journey begins :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u wont have to worry bout seperating for a bit till they knot up but do it wet its easier

--

/ 10

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form