Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

natural dreadlocks or neglect method dreading

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

thats weird cause i mean if your gonna be acting with dreads it would make more sence for them to be natural i mean wouldnt u think? i mean any part in a play i ever can think of if they had dreads im sure thed be natural

that trapezoid sounds cool tho :)

Amy Potter said:

I wish I had found this site 4 months ago! I didn't do much research before trying to get my first dread so I crocheted it a lot. I didn't like it so I combed it out and slowly back combed dreads in. For 3 months I had a half head of dreads and the rest of my hair went insane. I wish I had a picture of a natural dread that had formed, I combed the end of that one out so that I wouldn't have a big trapezoid dread. Until the last week, the only neglect dreads I had seen were not really "pretty" and I had to get them to look 'nice' for theater.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 07:06:37PM
Amy Potter
@amy-potter
14 years ago
3 posts
I'm also in Mock trial, speech, and student congress so I took the easy way out. I back combed mine, but not too hard. They are about 5 months old and are coming along nicely. I do have my third and fourth dreads (the first two were crocheted and i didn't like it) are a lot larger than the rest. I live in the suburbs and a lot of people are not accepting of dreads so the moment I get a loop I have to wrap it, otherwise people will tell me I have gross dreads. I think that in the long-run I'll be fine, I plan having them for at least a few years, probably longer, and I know that I can only love them more. Thank you for all of the wonderful thing you have posted on this site. Trying your baking soda wash tonight!

soaringeagle said:

thats weird cause i mean if your gonna be acting with dreads it would make more sence for them to be natural i mean wouldnt u think? i mean any part in a play i ever can think of if they had dreads im sure thed be natural

Amy Potter said:

I wish I had found this site 4 months ago! I didn't do much research before trying to get my first dread so I crocheted it a lot. I didn't like it so I combed it out and slowly back combed dreads in. For 3 months I had a half head of dreads and the rest of my hair went insane. I wish I had a picture of a natural dread that had formed, I combed the end of that one out so that I wouldn't have a big trapezoid dread. Until the last week, the only neglect dreads I had seen were not really "pretty" and I had to get them to look 'nice' for theater.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

screw ppl why should u wrap your loops that make your dreads uniquely yours just because some idiot says something are you going to live you life that way always changing yourself everytime someone says something mean? rock your natural beauty and for those who dont like it let them not like it are u going to dress the way they want you to act the way they want you to be who they want you to be? fuck em dont u dare hide those beautiful loops cause your afeaid of being judged by idiots and assholes

Amy Potter said:

I'm also in Mock trial, speech, and student congress so I took the easy way out. I back combed mine, but not too hard. They are about 5 months old and are coming along nicely. I do have my third and fourth dreads (the first two were crocheted and i didn't like it) are a lot larger than the rest. I live in the suburbs and a lot of people are not accepting of dreads so the moment I get a loop I have to wrap it, otherwise people will tell me I have gross dreads. I think that in the long-run I'll be fine, I plan having them for at least a few years, probably longer, and I know that I can only love them more. Thank you for all of the wonderful thing you have posted on this site. Trying your baking soda wash tonight!

soaringeagle said:

Amy Potter said:

--
Amy Potter
@amy-potter
14 years ago
3 posts
Thank you! I also wrap loops because the colors are interesting and they always cause people to ask me questions about my locks. I love lock attention.

soaringeagle said:

screw ppl why should u wrap your loops that make your dreads uniquely yours just because some idiot says something are you going to live you life that way always changing yourself everytime someone says something mean? rock your natural beauty and for those who dont like it let them not like it are u going to dress the way they want you to act the way they want you to be who they want you to be? fuck em dont u dare hide those beautiful loops cause your afeaid of being judged by idiots and assholes

Amy Potter said:

soaringeagle said:

Amy Potter said:

Thundersquall
@thundersquall
14 years ago
235 posts
I have watched your progress in your videos man they are looking tight. Still trying to decide whether or not shampooing my hair every other day instead of once-twice actually makes a difference tho.

hatsdontfit said:
i love the natural method of locking my hair it allows me to wash it as much as i want. i dont seperate, and my hair began to lock in a month. check out my locks

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wash whenever u feel likje it it dont matter much

Thundersquall said:
I have watched your progress in your videos man they are looking tight. Still trying to decide whether or not shampooing my hair every other day instead of once-twice actually makes a difference tho.

hatsdontfit said:
i love the natural method of locking my hair it allows me to wash it as much as i want. i dont seperate, and my hair began to lock in a month. check out my locks

--
Ricky Aka Ricky
@ricky-aka-ricky
13 years ago
34 posts
Lol love the way you put it. Inspirational :)
Ricky Aka Ricky
@ricky-aka-ricky
13 years ago
34 posts
I was just wondering, If i use wool rubbing method...with neglect, would it be better just to use the neglect method? Because I'm afraid that using the wool rubbing method will interfere with the neglect method. also, great hair ingredients for washing :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

well if u wool rub do it only one time and then be sure to seoerate wool rubbing creates a rats nest of general knottiness if left alone u will get 1 dread only

its probly better yo just use neglect

wash dr bronners or baking soda acv are very popular

--
Ricky Aka Ricky
@ricky-aka-ricky
13 years ago
34 posts
Alright, Neglect it is haha :) i hope i'll see some results though...only one inch of hair right now.

/ 10

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form