Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

HashFlare
Dreadlocks Forums

natural dreadlocks or neglect method dreading

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
28,092 posts
combs only a buck or 2 and u can use it for your petsthhe loose air tool u dont want anywaty\is it a crochet hook or latcook tingy or loose hair tool no matter wic..u dont want it!!!!LowRyderMan said:
after reading this I feel like I should let my hair dread naturally but, I've already bought a comb and a thing for loose hair. I don't know what to do. I wish I had got on this site like a week earlier and then there would be no problem. I'm so fucking conflicted!

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 08:25:54AM
LowRyderMan
@lowryderman
7 years ago
88 posts
you've got a point on the comb. I have a dog that the comb could be used on. I'm really pissed that I spent money on this stuff when I'm really broke in the first place. I guess I'm just gonna have to take a loss from this and learn a lesson. I just wish I had found this site earlier.soaringeagle said:
combs only a buck or 2 and u can use it for your pets
thhe loose air tool u dont want anywaty\
is it a crochet hook or latcook tingy or loose hair tool no matter wic..u dont want it!!!!

LowRyderMan said:
after reading this I feel like I should let my hair dread naturally but, I've already bought a comb and a thing for loose hair. I don't know what to do. I wish I had got on this site like a week earlier and then there would be no problem. I'm so fucking conflicted!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
28,092 posts
at least u didnt spend 70 on a dread kit..or worse 700 at a salon for a disastertheres so many dread scams out there alkl cause ppl just dont get ow dreads just appen..ow tey are the natural astate of all hair..if peolle understood tat teyd never spend money to make emLowRyderMan said:
you've got a point on the comb. I have a dog that the comb could be used on. I'm really pissed that I spent money on this stuff when I'm really broke in the first place. I guess I'm just gonna have to take a loss from this and learn a lesson. I just wish I had found this site earlier.

soaringeagle said:
is it a crochet hook or latcook tingy or loose hair tool no matter wic..u dont want it!!!!

LowRyderMan said:

--
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
LowRyderMan
@lowryderman
7 years ago
88 posts
yeah luckily I only Spent $17. I could have spent that money on a wool tam. I gonna do it naturally. Thank you so much for the advice.JAH BLESSsoaringeagle said:
at least u didnt spend 70 on a dread kit..or worse 700 at a salon for a disaster
theres so many dread scams out there alkl cause ppl just dont get ow dreads just appen..ow tey are the natural astate of all hair..if peolle understood tat teyd never spend money to make em

LowRyderMan said:
you've got a point on the comb. I have a dog that the comb could be used on. I'm really pissed that I spent money on this stuff when I'm really broke in the first place. I guess I'm just gonna have to take a loss from this and learn a lesson. I just wish I had found this site earlier.

soaringeagle said:

LowRyderMan said:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
28,092 posts
the ting i and many of my freinds did was just go out in the woods aWHILE far from mirrors and combs..and just forget all about hair awileLowRyderMan said:
yeah luckily I only Spent $17. I gonna do it naturally. Thank you so much for the advice.
JAH BLESS

soaringeagle said:
at least u didnt spend 70 on a dread kit..or worse 700 at a salon for a disaster
theres so many dread scams out there alkl cause ppl just dont get ow dreads just appen..ow tey are the natural astate of all hair..if peolle understood tat teyd never spend money to make em

LowRyderMan said:

soaringeagle said:

LowRyderMan said:

--
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
LowRyderMan
@lowryderman
7 years ago
88 posts
that's one way to do it I guess.soaringeagle said:
the ting i and many of my freinds did was just go out in the woods aWHILE far from mirrors and combs..and just forget all about hair awile

LowRyderMan said:
yeah luckily I only Spent $17. I gonna do it naturally. Thank you so much for the advice.
JAH BLESS

soaringeagle said:

LowRyderMan said:

soaringeagle said:

LowRyderMan said:
Danny2
@danny2
7 years ago
18 posts
Great post. New here and this is first one i've read...feeling glad that i did. Well for now i'll spare all the background story with me lol and just tell where i'm at currently...my hair is several inches long and it's very thick, growing out from a shaved head in late spring/early summer. I have been using natural/dread friendly soap to cleanse my hair throughout this time and don't use a comb. My hair is very thick and wavy (caucasian hair) and i can see how it is slowly entering a pre-dreading phase if you will, i can take clumps and twist them and make dread-like twists and it can get pretty nappy and such. The main thing that interferes with dreading that i can see is sleeping at night! It presses out clumps that are forming etc and seems to just take things back to square one some days lol. Also washing... what is the best WAY to wash them and how how often (roughly)? I've come to intuit that trying to be brief when wetting the hair and just using small amount of soap distributed over the hair and gently pressed to the scalp and then rinsing as minimally as possible while getting out all the soap is good. Drying- i'm trying to figure that out too. Obviously ruffling with a towel isn't good, and so i press it dry and then try to let it air dry, sometimes i use a hairdryer on no-heat setting if i am impatient. Any tips or advice is highly appreciated! thanks
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
28,092 posts
the baking soda deep clean uses no soap and..no touching u pour it on let it soak rinse it outdrying ..best way..no towel just shake iot out then go sit in the sun if u can or by a fan drip fdryput a wool sweater over your pillow and it will help em dreadalso..lenhg=gth wull help too as it grows it wil dread better

Danny Schuberg said:
Great post. New here and this is first one i've read...feeling glad that i did. Well for now i'll spare all the background story with me lol and just tell where i'm at currently...my hair is several inches long and it's very thick, growing out from a shaved head in late spring/early summer. I have been using natural/dread friendly soap to cleanse my hair throughout this time and don't use a comb. My hair is very thick and wavy (caucasian hair) and i can see how it is slowly entering a pre-dreading phase if you will, i can take clumps and twist them and make dread-like twists and it can get pretty nappy and such. The main thing that interferes with dreading that i can see is sleeping at night! It presses out clumps that are forming etc and seems to just take things back to square one some days lol. Also washing... what is the best WAY to wash them and how how often (roughly)? I've come to intuit that trying to be brief when wetting the hair and just using small amount of soap distributed over the hair and gently pressed to the scalp and then rinsing as minimally as possible while getting out all the soap is good. Drying- i'm trying to figure that out too. Obviously ruffling with a towel isn't good, and so i press it dry and then try to let it air dry, sometimes i use a hairdryer on no-heat setting if i am impatient. Any tips or advice is highly appreciated! thanks

--
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Danny2
@danny2
7 years ago
18 posts
ahh ok... word, thank you soaringeagle, much gratitude. And ha, baking soda is much more economical too.

soaringeagle said:
the baking soda deep clean uses no soap and..no touching u pour it on let it soak rinse it out
drying ..best way..no towel just shake iot out then go sit in the sun if u can or by a fan drip fdry

put a wool sweater over your pillow and it will help em dread
also..lenhg=gth wull help too as it grows it wil dread better

Danny Schuberg said:
Amy Potter
@amy-potter
7 years ago
3 posts
I wish I had found this site 4 months ago! I didn't do much research before trying to get my first dread so I crocheted it a lot. I didn't like it so I combed it out and slowly back combed dreads in. For 3 months I had a half head of dreads and the rest of my hair went insane. I wish I had a picture of a natural dread that had formed, I combed the end of that one out so that I wouldn't have a big trapezoid dread. Until the last week, the only neglect dreads I had seen were not really "pretty" and I had to get them to look 'nice' for theater.

/ 10

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form