Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New plan

Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
Well since my hair is so short, I can't put the beads or sleeves on cuz it won't have room to dread. But I need to keep it sectioned together somehow cuz if not, it's just goin everywhere n it wnt dread together as nicely. So, to keep it sectioned, I'm gna get some extensions n braid em in to my hair n put a bead or wrap over that. I might just braid the extensions or I might dread em but I dnt really plan on keeping them forever.. Just for like 6mnths to a year until my own hair starts dreading n then I'll cut em off.. It's really just going to look better during these early times and keep it sectioned at the same time. I already kno alot of u are against someone else hair or whatever but lemme kno whatchu think.
updated by @atom: 01/13/15 08:42:01PM
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
if thats you in the pic u got plenty of room for beads...u could always use embroidery floss to keep some of the hair tog ive done that and it works pretty well i dont think extensions are going to work...i mean your hair is already dreading so how u gonna put extensions in? u cant braid it into a dread (that im aware of) and if your going to get braided extensions well thats never going to equate a dreadlock your gonna take out the extensions and just have hair thats slightly longer i mean wats wrong with the way your dreads are coming along they look fine.
Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
Ya that's me in the pic.. Se told me I can't put a bead in the middle cuz then it wouldn't have enough room above or below to dread. And my tips all have at least one inch of undreaded hair so I could some how braid on or lightly crochet the extensions on and also use something to tie them together n put a bead or somethin over the string or whatever.. U feel me? It seems legit to me.. And my hair isn't horrible but it's starting to come completely undone from the backcombing n junk n I wna keep it sectioned. And I just think it'll look alot better with longer hair until my own hair is actually dreaded. N thanks josh.. I haven't completely commited to doin it but I dnt see a reason not to. I kno others who it worked out for putting em in earlier than me. All depends on how cheap I can get the extra hair for.. Lol

heather said:
if thats you in the pic u got plenty of room for beads...u could always use embroidery floss to keep some of the hair tog ive done that and it works pretty well i dont think extensions are going to work...i mean your hair is already dreading so how u gonna put extensions in? u cant braid it into a dread (that im aware of) and if your going to get braided extensions well thats never going to equate a dreadlock your gonna take out the extensions and just have hair thats slightly longer i mean wats wrong with the way your dreads are coming along they look fine.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
what i said was puyying a 1 inch wide bead in the center of 3 inchj hair leacves just 1 inch above and belowi also said putting a smaller bead at the tip instead of middle was a better way to goor u know backcombing does unravel b4 it dreads right? u can just let it unravel and dread like everyone else did but if u wanna prevent the unraveling..smaller bead (length and diamitert) forced onto the tip so it sticks within the 1/4-12/2 inch from the end will do u good

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
yea idk about this idea of yours atom..... i dont thik you should, but hey what do i know, and its your hair not mine..... but i think you should just let it go,,,,,,,,, you only been tryin to dread for a few weeks now, and yet you keep coming up with new plans for your dreads, just let them go bro and forget about it, they will dread, your just want them so fast that you keep tryin new approaches......... to big of a rush
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
yeah i was gonna say i think you mighta mizundastood wat SE was tryin to say...cause i know u can use beads on dem dreads...but seriously im not trying to be a bummer but i dont think wat your gonna try to do sounds like a good idea at all...wat you got goin on in the pics looks like it is thriving wat everyone needs to understand is dreads dont really do wat u want they do wat they do i mean u think they are all crazy or something ? have they changed drastically from the pic u got up there? cause they look fine really they do ..ok and if u dont mind my asking is there something that u want your dreads to look like? i mean did u see dreads that looked a certain way and now your arent looking like that and your worried? wat are you comparing them to like ok ok um yours look all wild and crazy as opposed to? and im not trying to be rude or get all up in your shiz im just trying to figure out wat your expecting as to better help you figure out if thats attainable ya dig? like do u have a pic of wat you think yours should look like or a pic of wat your trying to gain with extensions? i mean how far along are your dreads they doont look very old have you given them a chance to loosen up from the backcombing and then start to tighten? im just trying to figure out wat any of us can do to help ya along and help ya relax and not worry but im just not seeing the problem that your seeing i guess soaringeagle said:
what i said was puyying a 1 inch wide bead in the center of 3 inchj hair leacves just 1 inch above and below

i also said putting a smaller bead at the tip instead of middle was a better way to go

or u know backcombing does unravel b4 it dreads right? u can just let it unravel and dread like everyone else did but if u wanna prevent the unraveling..smaller bead (length and diamitert) forced onto the tip so it sticks within the 1/4-12/2 inch from the end will do u good
Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
Alright alright no extensions! Geez :) just playin. I respect all of u ppls opinions. That's why I posted this on here. I do kno some ppl on here tho knotty sleeves that said it worked great tho. But yaa I'll just chill..Heather.. Thanks for ur wanting to help. I dnt kno what the rush is.. No particular reason. I just want dreads! Lol n I've seen quite a few ppls hair that I wouldn't mind mine lookin like but that ain't it. I do not like bein like anyone else. Anyone that knows me would tell u the same. N I'm almost positive there's no other white dudes with dreads around my town so that makes me want em even more. I just want them to be nice looking. Lol don't say much. But I dnt care if some are different sizes or whatever but I'd rather have a buncha sharpie size ones that I can eventually pull bak n tie up n stuff. I'll eventually have different colors n whatnot but I still wnt them to look good. Like presentable to my students' parents and ppl higher up n my latter field of work. And I love the ladies as well. I kno the chicks will dig the nice ones I'll eventually have but I'm starting bak school again in a mnth n a half n it ain't gna be pretty up there on my melon so they ain't gna be diggn that much. N yes it has changed from those pics. It's starting to all come undone. All the crochetedness n stuff.. It looks like a dude with a buncha Lil pony tails in his hair. Cnt even see barely any sign of dreads anymore.. It's just hard cuz they looked so good after I crocheted them n now they're nothing. :( I just need my new hat tho! Ima just chill out. Thanks for ur concern tho.N SE.. I dnt kno how u think a bead could possibly stay on the tip of my hair.. It barely stays at the root. The tip is so thin n smooth, it'd slide rite off.. If u got a secret for me plz let me kno cuz that's like my only problem is keepin them sectioned..

Knottysleeves said:
Your dreads are still babies. If you put extensions in now, the extra weight & pull will likely unravel your natural dreads and not allow them to knot up properly. And that's if you even manage to secure them tightly enough... which won't happen unless you have a solid foundation (ie. mature dread) to join them to.I know you're anxious and frustrated, but all these shortcuts you're considering are only going to make the dreading process take longer.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form