Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

wax in wax out....dreads in dreads out

Dreaded Friend
@dreaded-friend
14 years ago
13 posts
Started my dread journey 2 weeks ago tomorrow. My dreader backcombed and used wax. We palm rolled and back combed daily and she came back twice to re-roll. Yesterday I went into my old salon where I was told they did not look "right" after 2 weeks I should not still look look "sideshow BOB" so I came home and finally washed my hair. I washed in cold water and never brushed it when I got out. Well, along with loosing 2 weeks worth of grime and gook, my dreads washed out as well. 150 dollars and many hours washed down the drain. So, today I start a new with no wax and a different, more experienced dreader... Wish me luck!
updated by @dreaded-friend: 02/14/15 09:58:23AM
GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
14 years ago
155 posts
Well first off good luck on this set! Kind of sucks you wasted 150 bucks, but eh we all make mistakes. you going to go natural or backcomb?
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
i bet you feel better, but i bet you still have a bunch in there, if you only took a cold shower, wax is pretty tricky to get out, but get as much out as possible.......... well good luck
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
u dont need a "dreader" u have hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! use them!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
nioooo dont go to any dreader what the hell are they gonna do you dread yourself no salon is worth it and dreads are free dont waste your money you shoulda learned the 1st time that salons screw udread tyour own hair

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Dreads don't come from a salon!! They come from time, patience and nature!!!!
Dreaded Friend
@dreaded-friend
14 years ago
13 posts
Today I got the help i was looking for in the form of a message therapist who has had dreads for 3 years! She helped get me started again wax free,natural and we had a nice afternoon! Will keep you posted
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
what did she do though? Dreaded Friend said:
Today I got the help i was looking for in the form of a message therapist who has had dreads for 3 years! She helped get me started again wax free,natural and we had a nice afternoon! Will keep you posted

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dreaded Friend
@dreaded-friend
14 years ago
13 posts
today we backcombed and twisted with just a little palm rolling mixed in for good luck! A comb, a comfy seat and good company was all it took. My head is halfway done and the rest will be finished tomorrow with pictures to follow. Dreaded Friend said:
Dreaded Friend
@dreaded-friend
14 years ago
13 posts
my baby dreads are a week old and they are doing wonderfully and i made a new friend in the process! Without the wax, I feel so much less nasty and slimy! I have not washed my hair in a week and it is not greasy at all. I took my kids in the pool and to the water park with no worries if I got them wet! Loving the new found freedom of stress free dreads!
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form