Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Backcombing

SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
dude wtf man dont give up bro jus if ur scared of bring made fun of then suk up ur pride and deal with it
updated by @spacemantravis: 07/13/15 11:52:53AM
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
We respect your opinion. You deliver it in such an unbiased, kind way!I wish I had that talent! :P But usually I like being me! =D haha. Knottysleeves said:
Dissenting voice on backcoming here (as usual ;-)

Backcombing is a good method for starting dreads... if done properly . It's no more damaging than twist & rip. However, most salons do NOT do it properly, and they charge a lot of money for causing you pain and damaging your hair. Also, most salons use wax or other products to make it LOOK like you have dreads and make you feel like you got your money's worth for all the hours of effort.

Do your own backcombing or twist & rip for free... just get a friend or two to help out with the back of your head. Buy everyone a nice lunch, and it'll still be a lot less money than what you would have spent at the salon. ;-)
Davey
@davey
14 years ago
22 posts
for sure man try out the tnr method, or if the length is a big issue wait and think about it for a few months and let your hair grow some too, hang out of the forums, read about dreads and get a feel for the comunity before you jump in and make a good educated decisions. i've wanted dreads for well over 10 years, and i've had a few rough sets over the last 2, i've finally gotten to a point where i can be happy with me, and my dreads even if they are a big fuzzy mess.and i did tnr with my current dreads and it was great, i was going to go natural while on a weekend holiday but i found my self playing with my hair while watching tv so i ended up doing tnr mindlessly and just grabbed random sections that sort of formed on their own over the weekend. they turned out pretty well so far and it took 0 effort, way better than the times in the past that i backcombed, they feel more natural even if they're not raw sum said:
T and R ... Try one... I was astounded how quick and easy one dread came to the back of a friend's head with T and R ... try one at the least and see for your self... just coax one little baby under the cover of your regular hair for a one month trial... you' see how quick it goes and then you're off ... you will have a globe of dreads in no time :)

be well ... rawsum
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
you know i completely blame johnny dirt and knottyjerk for leading people to believe that they can have instadreads! what people dont realize is "real" dreads are not really a hairstyle they are simply lack therof....i feel bad that people think they should have dreads that look a few years old instantly...i mean if dealing with the fact that dreads do their own thing sometimes is not something u can handle the yeah they may not be for u but i suggest hanging out here and giving it time you might see that dreads are definately a great thing for lazy people

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form