Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

natural dreadlockss?

Beck2
@beck2
14 years ago
16 posts
i've started my journey and im doing it naturally.but when separating the knots from eachtoher, how big should i make each section since they shrink?not too thick. not too skinny. but a good variety
updated by @beck2: 02/14/15 09:15:41AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,639 posts
well they usualy section themselves pretty good then you just have to seperate to keep the sections from eatting eachotherbut thats not always the caseanywhere from 1/4 inch to an inch is a good size rangebut keep in min d i mean the size at the roots

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Earthstudios
@earthstudios
14 years ago
108 posts
How many dreads you have tottal, that helps alot in knowing how big they be too, I think larger ones are in the 20's and the skinny ones are in the 50's or so... but yeah root size is a good estimate of mature dread
Beck2
@beck2
14 years ago
16 posts
okay man thanks.and wadya mean root sizE? like how much area that one dread takes up on my scalp?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,639 posts
exactlyyou see some ppl with thin hair will try making a dread be an inch thicjk when they make the dread this requires the hairs from 3 inches or larger of scalp they then wonder why they only have 7 drweads and a year down the road are surprised that the 1 inch dreads now thicker then theyre armstart off with the area at the roots the size u want no matter how thin and scragly the dread looks it will eventualy end up more the size of the roots area BecRock said:
okay man thanks.
and wadya mean root sizE? like how much area that one dread takes up on my scalp?

--
Beck2
@beck2
14 years ago
16 posts
okay cool good to k/now.and would you suggest backcombing slightly at the roots when the dreads start to form so they'll hold?jus cuz i feel like theyre not.(but ive only been not brushing for 3 days, so this could be why).or should i just be patient and it will happen?you did it naturally right SE?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,639 posts
almost noone sees much happen in 3 datts more likely you will see next to9 no changes for a week or 2yea i did it naturaly only way i knew of back thenforget all about your hair for 2 weeks then see what progress was made

--
Beck2
@beck2
14 years ago
16 posts
okay sounds like a plan.but should i still separate the knots and evrythin right?and people are tellin me to twist my hair where i want the dread, does that actually work? soaringeagle said:
almost noone sees much happen in 3 datts more likely you will see next to9 no changes for a week or 2
yea i did it naturaly only way i knew of back then

forget all about your hair for 2 weeks then see what progress was made
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,639 posts
are u black?if so it works greatif not well it can help and hurt bothtwisting it lil can get it into sections even stasrt it knotting but twisting alot can also unknot itand well with ripping apart the knotrs u only want to rip sections that are eatting eachouthersay u have 2 sections next to eachother that are starting to dread then sudenly u find hairs from 1 connecting to the otherto prevent the 2 ferom getting mattied and joining as 1 dread tou seperate them breaking that bond Baja said:
okay sounds like a plan.
but should i still separate the knots and evrythin right?

and people are tellin me to twist my hair where i want the dread, does that actually work?

soaringeagle said:
almost noone sees much happen in 3 datts more likely you will see next to9 no changes for a week or 2

--
Beck2
@beck2
14 years ago
16 posts
no im not black, so do you suggest i just leave them be for 2 weeks(only separate when needed) and theyll lock up?just dont do anything?and will the roots eventually dread too? soaringeagle said:
are u black?
if so it works great
if not well it can help and hurt both
twisting it lil can get it into sections even stasrt it knotting but twisting alot can also unknot it
and well with ripping apart the knotrs u only want to rip sections that are eatting eachouther
say u have 2 sections next to eachother that are starting to dread then sudenly u find hairs from 1 connecting to the other
to prevent the 2 ferom getting mattied and joining as 1 dread tou seperate them breaking that bond

Baja said:
okay sounds like a plan.
but should i still separate the knots and evrythin right?

and people are tellin me to twist my hair where i want the dread, does that actually work?

soaringeagle said:

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form