Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

how do I go about starting my dreads naturaly

Robert shawn bozarth
@robert-shawn-bozarth
14 years ago
25 posts
I need to know how to make my dreads natural, and I know that's a stupid question but, I need to know the washing methods and what not
updated by @robert-shawn-bozarth: 01/13/15 08:39:23PM
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
To make natural dreads, you have to wash with a residue free shampoo, or a Baking Soda wash. Wash whenever you feel the need to(at least once a week and no more than every other day).Don't comb(obviously..lol) and don't run your fingers through it. If you have a wool hat(a tam or something loose) that you can wear, that will help start locking. Or if you have a wool sweater you can put that over your pillow at night.You can occasionaly spray with a mixture of water and sea salt. Besides that there is really not much to do. Live your life normally and forget the hair as it dreads :)
Robert shawn bozarth
@robert-shawn-bozarth
14 years ago
25 posts
My hair is somewhat oily would that effect my hair and if so how can I get rid of it and how long do you think that my dread lock journey last till they are mature Paula said:
To make natural dreads, you have to wash with a residue free shampoo, or a Baking Soda wash. Wash whenever you feel the need to(at least once a week and no more than every other day).

Don't comb(obviously..lol) and don't run your fingers through it. If you have a wool hat(a tam or something loose) that you can wear, that will help start locking. Or if you have a wool sweater you can put that over your pillow at night.

You can occasionaly spray with a mixture of water and sea salt. Besides that there is really not much to do. Live your life normally and forget the hair as it dreads :)
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Yeah my hair tends to be oily too. But, I started with twist and rip..oily hair will dread slower than clean dry hair.I usually wash every other day, I use the baking soda wash- 1tbsp BS in 2 cups of water, and I add 3 drops of tea tree oil and 6 drops of peppermint oil. Soak for as long as possible(10 mins) then rinse really well. This has been working great. Between washes you can spray with a mixture of water and peppermint oil, or thyme tea...or thyme tea with peppermint oil :) ..this really helps keep oil away and the peppermint feels amaing :)Oh and I am not really sure how long it would take. Every one dreads differently. Some dread in a few weeks and other take several months. It also depends on your hair type. Robert shawn bozarth said:
My hair is somewhat oily would that effect my hair and if so how can I get rid of it and how long do you think that my dread lock journey last till they are mature

GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
The best advice is to just enjoy life and ignore your hair. Then it will dread. Wash with baking soda and a ACV rinse once or twice a week. Too much washing is bad for your hair. Oh and if you have short hair then it may take longer to dread. It sux but it's well worth it in the end.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
bel;ieve iot or not washing often makes hair oily so u need to ween yourselff off washing daily wash 1 day later then u think u should and slowly extrend that towards once or twice a week this will help u break the cycle of constantly stripping oils making your scalp produce extra to replace it.in between washes spray the hair only with sea salt (not scalp) and rinse off after a couple hoursspray the scalp with thyme tea..leave that onyou'll get less oily slowly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form