Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread Accelerator? does it work at all?

SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
alrite ive heard alot bout this dread accelerator stuff that consists of water sea salt and lemon juice, does this actually work to dread ur hair faster
updated by @spacemantravis: 01/13/15 08:39:22PM
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
It dries out hair and makes it tighter. But I honestly don't know if it actually help locking faster. I guess it does or else so many people wouldn't use it
SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
hahaha btw fuck knottyhead or dreadhead hq dude i jus looked up how to make accelerator and i went to a link to knottyboyz and it as follow, "We dont recommend DIY salt sprays because of the horror stories weve heard and the burned scalps weve seen. If you wanna dip your locks in the ocean, thats awesome but rinse off your scalp afterward.If youre looking for tightening, check out our Locksteady Tropical Tightening Gel. Its been extensively tested on the Knotty Family and determined to be most excellent!" I have come to beleive this is a gimmick to make people buy there products
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
LMAO!! Yeah there really is no other name for it. It's like Johnny Clean selling a hair pick claiming that it's completely different then the dollar store pick because the handle splits into antennas(?)!! And that bit about the bristles on flea combs being too spread out for backcombing?... at least the knotty boy site says it's ok to use a flea comb...The only thing about salt spray is don't spray directly on the scalp which can cause irritation. Other than that there is no need for a fancy tightening gel..lol Travis Fowler said:
I have come to beleive this is a gimmick to make people buy there products
Bird
@bird
14 years ago
74 posts
too much sea salt can really damage your scalp... so as long as your ratios are correct, you should be fine.When I do it, I just use a pinch of salt in a normal sized spray bottle.
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
I used a tablespoon in a spray bottle, but I spray very little on. I lean over so my hair drapes down and spray twice on each section(once on each side)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea sea salt works but..its unesacary and it should not be used all the time like some magic syrum to create dreadsthink about how often youd usualy be in the ocean and what do u generaly do after being in the ocean? hell they got showers to rince off right on the beach usualy..its a curosive salt eats through metalodviosly your not going to want that on your skin in high concentrations all the timebut a dip then rince a spray then rinse your mimmicing natureyour doing what youd be doing if you werent tied to a 9-5 job thats keeping u away from the beachjust use sensibility dont go pouring it on every day and leaving it on for weeksive never used accelerator and mine dreaded real fastbut the few times i swam in the ocean they definately got tighter

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Earthstudios
@earthstudios
14 years ago
108 posts
Truth wins in the end! ha ha! ricky williams said:
well omy hes such a good guy its all just funny a year ago they were just really going against each other now SE has pretty much took most of their customers and their internet reach

Knottysleeves said:
Actually, when Johnny Clean started his DHHQ site, Knottyboy openly accused him of stealing their web content and copying their FAQ (as there really wasn't much other dread info available on the net back then, this was the mid-90s).

The original DHHQ page said he had "scoured the internet to bring you the best dread information" or something like that, and most of his original FAQ was the same as KB's. KB publicly called him out on it, Johnny Clean posted a lengthy rebuttal, and there was lots of trash-talking. ;-)

ricky williams said:
lol im also slightly starting to think he owns both companies or theres a strict deal between them both.
SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
haha his customers are pissed, i know i would be
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form