Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

braiding technique

Beck2
@beck2
14 years ago
16 posts

im growing my dreads soon and i wanted to know about the braiding technique?
how's it done?does it work?

updated by @beck2: 01/13/15 08:38:53PM
Cavewoman
@cavewoman
14 years ago
165 posts
whoaw, I commented on this but its not there anymore? did you see it?about tnr?
Beck2
@beck2
14 years ago
16 posts
nah i didnt?tahts weirdd Cavewoman said:
whoaw, I commented on this but its not there anymore? did you see it?
about tnr?
Cavewoman
@cavewoman
14 years ago
165 posts
ok well, what I said was. I believe the braiding technique is just braiding your hair and then not taking them out till they dread.I wouldn't suggest this just because they're gunna be really thin, and probably wont lock up as thick, and you'd probably have a lot of like bald looking areas?I'd suggest the twist and rip method. You section your hair, and then you twist the hair a little, separate the hair in half, and then rip the ends apart. Then you just repeat this down the whole lock of hair. There are videos.But the healthiest way to go really is all natural. You don't damage your hair at all because you just dont do anything to it.But with tnr you at least have some instant gratification and can choose the thickness. Of course, thinner dreads are easier to do this way then the thick ones.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
raids to dreads work but not great they can look braidlike they will have to unbraid to re-lock so u might as well just go natural

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
hey I commented on this before too! lolI was saying that I don't think braids would be very effective for dreading because dreads are individual hairs locked together. Braids are 3 strands wrapped tightly around each other. hairs from one strand wouldn't be able to lock with hairs from another strand.Very best and healthiest way is natural. leave the hair alone, don't brush or condition, wash 2-3 times a week and separate as the hair starts to knot.If you want to "make" dreads, then the next best way would be twist and rip.What type of hair do you have?
Beck2
@beck2
14 years ago
16 posts
yeah this makes sense, thanks yall.and straight thick hair
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
There are dreading guides in the links over theeere >>>>>>>>>>>> BecRock said:
yeah this makes sense, thanks yall.
and straight thick hair