Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

the real difference between dread products dreads and no products dreads

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
workyup workby using dread products like dread wax, you are making the dreads require work, and lots of it!.ok lets look at how things work with dreadshair moves around hair knots knots become dreadsso lets look at the 2 ways people dreadthe products way.. step 1 create knots step 2 apply gunk like wax to prevent knots from moving step 3 rub roll rub roll hours a day to move the unmovable hair cram it into the wax hopefully create more knots then apply more gunk to keep them from movingu do that every day every week you mold the hair into the gunk making it look like dreads and maybe even get it knotty enough to be considered dreads someday.non products dreading many will start naturally without creating knots to start because its not needed knots will form on theyre own without being forced, however some still like to create the initial knots then leave em to go so it goes like thisstep 1 either wash the hair or create some base knots step 2 to move head walk in wind sleep dance live step 3 admire dreadsthey require no forced movement because life is movement life creates dreads without needing to work on them hundreds of hours of workand guess what the result is?the waxy "dreads" might look dreadlike faster but they take way way longer to actually dread if they aver really do.and the clean un gunked up dreads last way longer while product dreads tend to not last long at allclean dreads able to move require no work and less timeand in the end look feel and are better

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 08/22/21 07:48:11AM
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
I understand some people wanting/needing people to maintain theirs here and therebut everytime I visit particular sites, and people are freaking out about the most trivial "flaws" in their locks and how they desperately need to Fix them and spend hours on their locks, it really bugs me,(I've literally seen people with what were seemingly really nice locks, only to see them wonder why their roots are dangerously thin and falling off) the same people who post 20new pictures a day of their locks that they spent hours every day working on)they end up spending days of work overtime for something they will likely cut off in a relatively short amount of time, I've spent maybe 3hours of personal maintenance on mine (alot of it was experimenting with things as I learned more about locks)whats worse is the advice given on some sitesliterally I've seen one person try to sell special salt for nearly every question given, another says rip hairs from your healthy locks to fix the ones you've screwed by crocheting the hell out of.I agree the cleanest/healthiest locks only require patience and that manual labor in substitute of time only leads to short term satisfaction and locks.(not saying that that is 100% absolute, but taking into other factors, I don't see a convincing point in spending soo much time into something that happens naturally)<--I do crochet very lightly every couple of months.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
haha i know mine locked up in 2 weeks using nothing

--
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
the 40% number is what really bugs me, 40% of what? there is no equation for hair lockage.bath salts are good, but c'mon man.also saying that your salt has ingredients to help them lock up is really debatable.however furthermore saying that essential oil fragrances causes them develop rot is false, you're adding/washing your hair with things like tea tree or rosemary and Baking soda or w/e soap of your pref to prevent it from ever rotting, (that was in reply of saying that using these things for scent would)
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
something literally wrote in the past buried by now, but I quote you exactly, "My salts make your hair lock up 40% faster" no shitthis stemmed from someone asking of the ocean water was good for your locks, which it is and I advocated the soaking of his locks in the water.of course someone had to product push special salt with ingredients far and above normal salt water. now I'm not debating that its good for your hair, but like I said earlier, c'monnn don't flat out bullshit people with over glorified statements. shit man im gonna go bottle the beach water from outside and put a few drops of bullshit and vitamin oil and sell it like it cures cancer. anyways im sure someones gonna read this, and the only real thing I'd like to be taken from this is, is your gonna start up a new business, be accurate and realistic with what you say.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
salt water is the most common substance on earth our bodies are 40% salt waterthe planet itself is more salt water then landits so abundant it should be the cheapest substance on earth if not completely valueless theres no excuse for a million gallons to cost more then a pinny (ok maybe unpoluted salt waters getting rare)but to sell a bottle of salt water for 10 bucks is insane..as insane as a bereathing tax or a pissing liscenceyou can literaly produce your own by sitting in a hot room and extracting the salt water thats excreted by your own bodytears of sorrow and joy are salt watermaybe if you bottled the tears of famouse celebs or the dali lamna or famouse gurus and claim them to be blessed you can justify charging moneybut a scam is just a scam claiming miraculous properties that come from the most common substance in the works and in our own bodies well would make a snake oil salesman wish they thought of it 1st

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form