Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Back combing or Twisting and ripping?

SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
Im so undecided bout whether i should twist and rip or back comb... i wanna twist and rip but ive seen pics of back combing and the dreads sometimes look better hoe long will it take for twist and rip dreads to resemble fat dreads cuz thats wut im going for... also how much should i section my hair if i want more thinker than skinny?
updated by @spacemantravis: 01/13/15 08:38:24PM
Cavewoman
@cavewoman
14 years ago
165 posts
from what i understand, backcombing will give you that look in the beginning but often they unravel and kind of loose that for a while anyways. with tnr you're actually knotting your hair (which it needs to do to dread anyways) and they seem to take about half a year to get as thick as they should be.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
1 inch sections about is thick wouldnt go over an inch

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sean Taylor
@sean-taylor
14 years ago
4 posts
you should take a look at my pics for some twist and rip, I did mine pretty much myself in just about a day and a half (this is including undoing some terrible braids that my friends did to "dread" my hair, obviously unsuccessful since I spent the next two days undoing and redoing myself) We just basically grabbed hair and went with it on mine and they came out pretty thick for the most part, I think I have around 40 or so but my hair is also pretty thin so who knows how yours will turn out. I'm just at two months and loving it, and I wish you luck on your new dreadies
SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
hey thx bro
ashley ✿
@ashley
14 years ago
167 posts
hey! I twisted and ripped my hair, and my friend, who's had dreads for a long time, said they looked pretty good, what i would do, if i were you, is listen to soaring eagle's advice, do not make them so big cause you'll just have to brush em, and re-do them, and trust me, you do not want that. uhm, i wouldnt backcomb if i were you, cause i heard they really sucked, and damaged your hair the most, other than the crochet method. and make sure you get em tight, cause i got a few of them that are loose at the top, and they can get really annoying
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
from what I've seen, all locks will look like locks when they finally mature,T&R sometimes has that cool twisted look to it at first tho,as for as how they hold, I think your hair type/length is really gonna decide how well that turns out early on.after having backcombing done on myself and learning and doing both T&R on backcombing on friends, I prefer T&R, it's pretty simple to learn and very gentle on the hair follicles, (none of those root tips showing all over your locks early on usually)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form