Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Whats the best method to start dreading other then neglect?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
tip or less braid like t&rtwist then take small amounts and rip away from the rest in all directions pull back together repeat 5 tomes or so then retwist repeatif u twist then split in 1/2 pull split pull twist repeat u definately get braidybutthe good news is the braidy look dont last long it dreads when that loosens up and reorders itself into dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 03:57:03PM
dannylou
@dannylou
14 years ago
21 posts
how many years till they fall out? celestine said:
I would suggest your going natural or twist and rip, that's what I m thinking for startnig my dreads..
I wouldn't suggest backcomb or felting, it will just just offer quick"results" but in the end, will cause enough damage to your dreads so that in some years they will fall out..
I see this everyday with friends' dreads that started with backcombing and felting.Plus their dreads are just stiff and look fake..

anyways, that's just my opinion, hope you're happy with everything you decide to do:)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
felting well felting u can loose a dread as your felting it infelting is just pure destruction (leave it to johnny clean to call a felting needle a lock docta dreadjeadhq's idea of "fixing dreads" is to totaly destroy thembackcombing does dammage might make em lil weak more likely just not as healthythe real destructive ways are anything using tools needles hooks etc

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
celestine✿۞
@celestine
14 years ago
80 posts
dannylou said:
how many years till they fall out?
I have a friend of mine that had her dreads backcombed and felted.She has her dreads only for a year and she started complaining about them being verh thin at the roots.The boy who did her dreads only had his for 5 years when some started to fall of..I dont know at which point he is now, but I dont think they will last that much.As for this friend of mine, she denies to accept the fact that all this is the result of her decision.She tells me and persists on saying that "real dreads" are only formed by backcombing and require maintanance such as felting every comle of months so as to look , I cant recall the word she uses, like descend or something..Bullsh*t is what I tell her, but she won't listen to me..
Justine
@justine
14 years ago
13 posts
Thanks for the good information i will defiantly do it like how you told me :) soaringeagle said:
tip or less braid like t&r
twist then take small amounts and rip away from the rest in all directions pull back together repeat 5 tomes or so then retwist repeat
if u twist then split in 1/2 pull split pull twist repeat u definately get braidy
but

the good news is the braidy look dont last long it dreads when that loosens up and reorders itself into dreads
matt2
@matt2
14 years ago
40 posts
twist and rip, its what i did and it works great. you do great alot of frizz, but it speeds up the natural time http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/twist-and-rip-method-dreading this will do it great. if it dozent do it,then look on the site twist and rip

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form