Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

interlock good bad???

benitia taylor
@benitia-taylor
14 years ago
4 posts
can anyone tell me if this process is good or bad i have been doing it for some time and i think i was to stop bcus im afraid it may be breaking my hair off.
updated by @benitia-taylor: 02/03/18 12:51:54PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its very bad it will make your dreads fall off

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
let me explain something herein order for dread roots to dread they require some room to move, this is typicaly 1/2 inch or so in mature dreads but can be 1-3 inches in new dreadsthats normalinterlocking removes that room so literaly stops dreading at the roots replacing dreading with weak spots.the process is done by pulling the whole dread through a gap in the roots, then doing it again at a right angle untill the roots are way too tight and the hairs twisted antd torturedthis is the same as tying a knot in a dread..it will cause it to breakwhen you think about the process it just makes no senseits just 1 more way for dread salons to rip u offin fact they knew it wass harmful years ago interlocking used to be called root flipping untill it became common knowledge root flipping made dreads break..insread of stopping the practice they simply renamed it so they could go on harming u for profits

--
Jaquerian McCain
@jaquerian-mccain
14 years ago
45 posts
Depends. First let me say - you have to do what you feel is right for you. Listen to all the suggestions and pick which method will take you down a peaceful road. Having locs is a journey - you find out about yourself - your spiritual endurance - your ability to unite with the earth, etc. How you get there is only half the journey.And keep in mind that ALL of these methods have been around long before we have. They have proved successful. Different tribes used different methods according to the look they wanted. Do the research - find out your hair type - and enjoy.Now...with that being said - you have to know what type of hair you have. If you have thick hair, coarse hair, interlocking might work for you whereas it would not work for a person with thin, soft, what call I fuzzy hair. For instance the Tear and Rip - that is something that is something that is never done by anyone I know who has thick coarse hair. They either palm roll or root flip. And any method you use - you should not overdo. If you palm roll - you can do that too much and kill a loc. I have had traditional locs (palm roll) and now sisterlocs. My daughter has sisterlocs. If you are going for the neglect look or the freeform look as they call it...you simply let it be and loc up on its own. No need to manicure it. However, if you are looking for a more polished professional look - manicured - you need to research which method of maintenance would work for YOUR type of hair. This might take a bit of experimenting.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/interlocking-root-flipping 2 vids there she talks way more then shows u how but eventualy does a coupleshe poked a tool through grabs the end and pulls it through..makes me cringe just to watch it.. Lisa McRae said:
I don't think I understand how this is done, is there a vid somewhere?

soaringeagle said:
the process is done by pulling the whole dread through a gap in the roots, then doing it again at a right angle untill the roots are way too tight and the hairs twisted antd tortured
this is the same as tying a knot in a dread..it will cause it to break

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i know!! and for some reason some ppl think its a good ideaand the think is..its like russian roulette just a matter of time before u cause a weak spot so weak a dread falls right off Lisa McRae said:
OMG!! I jumped back when she pulled it through lol

--
Browne
@browne
14 years ago
2 posts
It's bad. I'd been dreading my hair for a good ten year or so. Not worried about a method. I though maybe I should go to a locitican, goddamn the internet. I would have never though about that had it not been for me going online. Anyways, I went to get my locs tightened or whatever (they looked fine, supercute my boyfriend loves them, but you know I had to mess with them) and this woman interlocked my hair. I don't know why I sat there and let here do it. It's like some weird knot they tie in your hair. Now I have a weird know in my dreads for when I let a loctician touch my hair and I can see how if you had finer and less course hair how this would totally make your hair fall out.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i try to tell some people how bad interlocking is and some people just refuse to believe ittheres 2 ways to learn but if you only learn the hard way you end up with dreads in a bag..

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 07:08:13PM
Browne
@browne
14 years ago
2 posts
Amazing amount of typos in my first post...lol..I'll just say that in general I've been around people who have had dreads their whole life and not a single one of them interlock their hair. Do you know who interlocks hair? Beauticians, beauticians with licenses and need you to come back, so they are going to make you pay to mess up your hair (or tell you a method to maintain your hair that will mess it up) and then they will generously fix it for you. Thanks alot. After my experience last year with the locitican I don't do crap to my hair but wash it, I spray water mixture with some jojoba oil occasionally, but that's it. I do have super kinky hair though, but still after a year you shouldn't need to be doing all that maintenance unless you want a super neat look and then maybe dreads aren't for you. soaringeagle said:
i try to tell some people how bad interlocking is and some people just refuse to believe it

theres 2 ways to learn but if you only learn the hard way you end up with dreads in a bag..
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dont tell your boyfreind i just hugged you :)your awesome im so glad u joined usi couldnt have said it betterbyw im a master at typos dont even try to out typo me Browne said:
Amazing amount of typos in my first post...lol..I'll just say that in general I've been around people who have had dreads their whole life and not a single one of them interlock their hair. Do you know who interlocks hair? Beauticians, beauticians with licenses and need you to come back, so they are going to make you pay to mess up your hair (or tell you a method to maintain your hair that will mess it up) and then they will generously fix it for you. Thanks alot. After my experience last year with the locitican I don't do crap to my hair but wash it, I spray water mixture with some jojoba oil occasionally, but that's it. I do have super kinky hair though, but still after a year you shouldn't need to be doing all that maintenance unless you want a super neat look and then maybe dreads aren't for you.

soaringeagle said:
i try to tell some people how bad interlocking is and some people just refuse to believe it

theres 2 ways to learn but if you only learn the hard way you end up with dreads in a bag..

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form