Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

tnr vs backcombing. help?

pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
I've wanted dreads for 10 years and finally decided to go for it. I have extremely curly and thick shoulder length hair. And I'm not quite sure which route to take. tnr vs backcombing. Help? If pictures could help I will surely add them later.
updated by @pixie: 01/13/15 08:34:51PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
pics will help but id right off the bat say natural all the way but if your not going natural tnr for sureit workds better less damage looks berret is less painful its just way better all the way ariound unless maybe u want super fat dreadsbut id recomend natural above all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
I suppose I should have said I'd like thinner dreads. I'd rather not go natural. I know its the better way to go. Pics are on their way. soaringeagle said:
pics will help but id right off the bat say natural all the way but if your not going natural tnr for sure
it workds better less damage looks berret is less painful its just way better all the way ariound unless maybe u want super fat dreadsbut id recomend natural above all

updated by @pixie: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Since you want thinner dreads, go with twist and rip.If I may give you a few tips, before you start.1. Know how about how big you want your dreadlocks to be. The size of your sectioning will determine how thick your dreadlocks will be after several months of maturing.2. Expect the following as your dreadlocks continue to mature: partially unraveled roots, loose hair coming out of any given dreadlock, loops, kinks, and bumps.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
aww you'll look so pretty with locsdefinately tnrjust i wouldnt make em all the same instead id make a range of sizes withijn the randge u want say 1/4-1/2 inch its not alotta variation but will make em look more real more natual less manufacturedalso..when u make em they'll be thinner then the root secxtion then shrink and fatten to about the size of the section so dont worry if they look too thin

--
pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
Thanks so much! tnr sounds wonderful to me. Hopefully I'll be doing them Monday. :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
just remember..no wax.. and if u use elastic bands take em off soonpost pics of how they come outoh if u do thin u do alot so expect the tnr to take a good long time..u might wanna start sunday..lol pixie said:
Thanks so much! tnr sounds wonderful to me. Hopefully I'll be doing them Monday. :)

--
pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
Yep, I've heard no wax or rubber bands. I figure it'll take some time to get em done. Thankfully I won't be working on them by myself. :) Super excited!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form