Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

washing hair with only water?!?

Kev
@kev
14 years ago
17 posts
your dreads will probly end up like this lol j/k but im pretty sure maby with water a couple times only then shampoo a couple times mix it up
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
All of that. I'm in the process of transitioning to water only, but am still battling with baking soda and acv. Some days, when my hair is really dry, I just rinse with the acv and that's it. I've seen and met people (even some with straight hair ) that never washed with anything but water, and their hair is not smelly, shiny, healthy and gorgeous. From the research that I've done, it seems that it usually works better on people with dreads or curly hair anyhow, as it's easier for the curls or dreads to absorb and distribute the oil. People with straight hair still have to brush frequently or take a wash rag and drag it across the length of their hair to help distribute the oil. Granted, I'm also talking regular washing (every week, to twice a week) not like only washing once a year...that sounds just disgusting. Jessyka Simmons said:
Once you get over your hair freaking out and make it past the oily transition period, your hair becomes very lovely. With shampoo, it strips the natural oil out of your hair, causing your hair to produce waaaaay more than it should. So naturally, when you stop your hair is still over producing. I was forced into water only after Hurricane Katrina and for about two months I wanted to shave my head totally bald. But once it evened out, my hair was fabulous. No breakage, no dandruff, no problems. Just that transition period is HELL. Though you can set up a plan where you stop using shampoo, transition to baking soda, and then slowly transition to water only. It's amazing for you hair. I'm back to baking soda only and I'm hoping one day to get back to water only. Just do a quick google of "no poo" and you should find some great resources.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Orange oil strengthens and promotes hair growth.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Then I should try some! =D Island Mamma said:
Orange oil strengthens and promotes hair growth.
chemowasabi
@chemowasabi
14 years ago
20 posts
this is false. Orange juice has a pH of 3 and lemon juice has a pH of 2 and is therefore more acidic than the orange.I think they use oranges because lemons are too acidic and would sting.Or maybe they just prefer the smell. Melanie Leontine said:
Oranges are acidic and lemons are alkaline.

Sister Rags said:
Oranges are citric acid. I wonder why orange and not lemon?
chemowasabi
@chemowasabi
14 years ago
20 posts
Because of the trace minerals in the lemon, the digestive byproduct is slightly alkaline. http://www.trans4mind.com/nutrition/pH.html An orange is also considered slightly alkaline.When applied to the hair, there is no digestion, so this doesn't matter. Melanie Leontine said:
Anyone who wants to know what foods are acidic and what foods are alkaline (or acidic) can check out these list:

http://www.everydiet.org/diet/acid-alkaline-diets

or

http://www.energiseforlife.com/list_of_alkaline_foods.php

Have an awesome day!

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form