Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreading methods and losing length????

MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
Hey everyone! Just a quick question about a minor concern I have. Does it matter what dreading method you use in relation to the amount of length you lose during dreading??? Just wondering if the natural (no backcoming, etc.) method results in less length lost or if it all just evens up in the end. I am a little concerned that when my hair starts tightening up that I will lose a lot of length. I see on here where some people have said they have shortened up as much as two inches!!! My hair is not very long (just starting to brush my shoulders in back and on the sides and it is really curly.) it is also pretty layered (shorter in the back and underneath, longer on the top and sides), so when they start tightening, I don't want all these little short dreads all over my head!!! Any ideas on how this all might wash out???? Never have done any backcoming or anything to start.
updated by @midread: 01/13/15 08:34:17PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
natural can shrink alont in long hair but typicaly in shorter hair the growth/shinkage rates cancle eahother out into a zero growth period

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
yeah really just depends,alot of the length I lost was just from having uneven tips (so my tips had about up to 3inches of really thin hair, too thin to lock up) so they just balled up, broke off for months,not that thats how yours are gonna go through, your hair looks alot more even, but with your length it'd probably just cancel out, just gotta wait an see, not the best answer I know, but I don't think it will be a big issue.
sadangel777
@sadangel777
14 years ago
68 posts
I wondered the same thing myself! I'm hoping mine doesn't shrink up too too much, since my hair grows excruciatingly slow. But I've heard that since we are going natural, by the time ours truly lock up, it should be about the length that we started with. I hope! : )
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form