Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

the best ways to dread, the worst ways and the rediculouse (real opinions from real dreadheads)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
whats your opinions on the best ways to dread, the worse ways and what ways do you find completely rediculouse(only when talking about trying to grow real dreads not synthetics or dreadfalls)best ways to dread natural by far (aka neglect freeform or organic)other good ways twist and rip or twists (if african)worse wats interlocking felting use of tools of any sort dread permsrediculouse glues waxes latex anything sticky honey syrup dread kits paying salons eggs mud sewingthese are just my opinions add yoursnot 1 opinion is absolute however general trends in opinions can help people see clearly whats good whats bad and whats just downright silly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 08/20/21 12:40:43AM
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
best: naturalworst: crochet
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ippy u did 2 things that kinda counteract eachotheru say u added hair to "thicken up thin dreads" but you also crocheted which makes dreads 1/2 as thick as they would be if you didnt crochet..so if you never did the 1 youd never need to do the other

--
windy?!
@windy
14 years ago
40 posts
"other good ways twist and rip or twists (if african)" so does this mean if im not african the tnr wont work good?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
no i meant twist and rip for all non african types twists for african windy?! said:
"other good ways twist and rip or twists (if african)" so does this mean if im not african the tnr wont work good?

--
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
I backcombed and now i love my dreads :)There are deff methods which damage ure hair but in the end u will probs end up with dreads anyway, its just other people journeys isnt it :)
Orange Clock
@orange-clock
14 years ago
72 posts
Best: NaturalWorst: Wig
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
by wig do u mean actual wig or just dreads that look like hohnny cleans fake looking dreads that might as well be a wig? Orange Clock said:
Best: Natural
Worst: Wig

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
only really works in african type hair, theres 2 strand twists comb coil twists 3 strand twistsetc basicly hairs gooped up with aloe or gel and twisted up it stays twisted then dreads.. works well unfortunately most twisters tend to keep twisting to suck in loose hairs and can over twist till they twist emj right off...its a fine method to start dreads..but shouldnt be usee to maintain them Ippy said:
What are twists?

--
Orange Clock
@orange-clock
14 years ago
72 posts
Yep an actual wig sorry but I don't know why I said that but hey ho. Anything to do with wax and chemicals and fakeness, especially the wax thing. I actually like to touch my hair sometimes.When I had fake waxie backcombed dreadlocks I went to a reggae festival and I saw this guy with long natural dreadlocks and I was amazed they were thick and thin some of them had 5 heads and it was at that point that I knew there was something wrong with the process I was using. soaringeagle said:
by wig do u mean actual wig or just dreads that look like hohnny cleans fake looking dreads that might as well be a wig?
Orange Clock said:
Best: Natural
Worst: Wig

updated by @orange-clock: 07/11/15 07:06:30AM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form