no bands bands are bad never leave em in longer then a day or 2

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/11/15 08:46:30AM
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
sometimes those soaps can have conditioners/residues in them, however since your hair is so short ,might as well just find what you like while your hair grows, your gonna want some more length, however least since your hair is dry that helps it lock up easier as well.T&R is a really good starter method however it too has a hard time holding at such short lengths.
Tenaya Nacke
@tenaya-nacke
14 years ago
15 posts
Yeah, im going to have to keep my fingers out of my hair LOL! Ive got some baby knots, only because my toddler was being good and kids still in school. I dont exactly have time for my hair in the first place, so this should be easy :) CBD Makarov said:
My hair is shorter than yours and I'm going all natural.
I've noticed that my hair has already begun to section a little and it's getting wilder than it was ever before, I love it. The natural process is fun and enlightening. Plus you'll have healthy strong locks by going this route. Just gotta learn to commit.
Cassie Sattler
@cassie-sattler
14 years ago
42 posts
im pretty sure i came in to late to this convo but i have a friend that backcombed her way into a dread hawk and she has stubby dreads.. she had around 4 inches of dried hair. im afraid that when they start to lock and really tighten they will be to nubby and look funny. i had sholder length hair before i back combed and i have a dread right in the back that is 2 inches. i would go with what se has to say
Tenaya Nacke
@tenaya-nacke
14 years ago
15 posts
Not late at all :)Yea im going natural. Its pretty easy to knot up just by fiddling with it. Ill be excited when it locs up! I want to lace pieces of my children's hair through mine, it would just be special. My daughter could probably get locs in no time though! Her hair is long!Love your av btw! Lovely colors! Cassie Sattler said:
im pretty sure i came in to late to this convo but i have a friend that backcombed her way into a dread hawk and she has stubby dreads.. she had around 4 inches of dried hair. im afraid that when they start to lock and really tighten they will be to nubby and look funny. i had sholder length hair before i back combed and i have a dread right in the back that is 2 inches. i would go with what se has to say
Cassie Sattler
@cassie-sattler
14 years ago
42 posts
thanks i was thinking of using some of my dogs hair at one point and im still thinking about it. i also have some plain wooden beads i was going to decorate every time something cool happened in life.. considering you have to wait for it to grow i would to natural. i would have done it that way but i was to impatient.. but saddly either way you will have to wait... thanks for the colors. its left over purple that got dreaded into a frosty pink
Tenaya Nacke
@tenaya-nacke
14 years ago
15 posts
Sure, that Sounds like fun!Well, most of the knots i made yesterday fell out in my sleep. I only have a few. Does salt water help any? I dont want to tug at my hair again CBD Makarov said:
I forgot to mention, BUY A TAM! It helps sooo much plus they look kool, lol. I'd like to compare progress as we go along since we have the same length hair. Let me know if you're interested. =)

Tenaya Nacke said:
Yeah, im going to have to keep my fingers out of my hair LOL! Ive got some baby knots, only because my toddler was being good and kids still in school. I dont exactly have time for my hair in the first place, so this should be easy :)
CBD Makarov said:
My hair is shorter than yours and I'm going all natural.
I've noticed that my hair has already begun to section a little and it's getting wilder than it was ever before, I love it. The natural process is fun and enlightening. Plus you'll have healthy strong locks by going this route. Just gotta learn to commit.
Tenaya Nacke
@tenaya-nacke
14 years ago
15 posts
Im in texas, so its hot and humid. Doesnt help we live by a lake.
Tenaya Nacke
@tenaya-nacke
14 years ago
15 posts
I do have another question. When you have buildup of soap in clothing, ive been taught to use dishsoap to strip it all away and rinse like crazy. I had to do this alot with cloth diapers as well, but it worked just fine to remove the residue from soap.Would it work the same for hair? A dab of dish soap to remove whatever i may have from the other shampoos?

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form