Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread experiments!

Pam Pomelo
@pam-pomelo
14 years ago
30 posts
Okay, because as I've said, my dreads are goin a bit mental and falling apart, but some are holding quite well naturally, I decided to see what a crochet hook and a felting needle does.
So this is the experiment:

A friend worked on my dreads, two with a crochet hook, which now look like typically crocheted dreads.. tight and knitted. I let her do one with a felting needle.

Now i'm gonna see which come out better in the end, all the natural ones or the others!

updated by @pam-pomelo: 02/14/15 09:46:45AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yikes just glad you only did it on 1 theres a good chance the felted 1 will be lostcrochetted will recover in time as long as u dont keep doing it (but will probably be extra fuzzy)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Pam Pomelo
@pam-pomelo
14 years ago
30 posts
Yeah, I did it on one that wasn't looking too good anyway, wouldn't let her do more!!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yopu defined "not looking good" baszed on what expectations? they are young after all babies just changing would you give a boob job to an infant? a nose job to a newborn? your forcing a conformity of appearance before they had a chance to apear as they willlook at any trurly beautiful person alove and then look at theyre baby picturtes they grow from wrinkly lil pink things to a beautiful radience but 1st they gotta go through geeky stages with glssses and braces the awkward stages when theyre bodies get bumpyin a way your experiements kinda like dread anorexia..but will be interesting to see how they work output a light bead on each to mark em..make it light tho so the weight cant contribute tto it breaking

--
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
Ha, put a heavy bead on it. Even if it breaks then....thats a lot of weakening. Makes me curious as to how much weight a normal healthy dread can hold. I'm sure it's a lot.edit: Yep just checked, an average persons hair can hold their body weight.
Pam Pomelo
@pam-pomelo
14 years ago
30 posts
No no, it was beautiful for sure, it just wasn't holding too well, the roots were undreaded for about 3-4 inches and I was worried about it
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
mine could easily before dreading..i used to get picked up by my hair aloti think my dreads are stronger then my neck excepyt the ends that wear a bit from dragging1 guy who joined had crochetted dreads.. he did a high dive and just the impact of the water pressure made 3 or was it 4 dreads come off

--
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
Wow, and a head of hair has the tensile strength to hold 2 elephants. If you have 48 dreads all of about the same thickness. Theoretically one should be able to hold about 375 pounds.....I've known people whose dreads have broken off due to root rubbing and palm rolling.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
my neck couldnt support 2 elephants

--
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
There has been cases where peoples hair got caught in industrial machinery and scalped them. -_____-
 / 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form