Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Partial Dreads

Storm
@storm
14 years ago
36 posts

Not sure if this belongs in this thread but here goes...

Partial dreads /partial dreadlocking/what ever you want to call it. In otherwords, having just a couple random dreadlocks in with your natural non-locked hair.

What am I asking? How many of you have done this? Have this? How could you maintain your few dreadies and a whole head of un-locked hair? I have seen a few people with longer hair and poking out here and there are some matured dreadlocks growing amongst their un-locked hair. Thoughts? Opinions? Tips?

)O(
Storm

updated by @storm: 02/03/18 12:59:04PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well if u let iot all lock it will but u can maintain unlocked hair just lift the dread out of the way and comb as usualno need to maintain the dread since dreads require no maintenance ..just maintain around the dreadsbut once u got a few u may want more

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Storm
@storm
14 years ago
36 posts
Mk yea I had thought of doing 'partials' just having maybe 1-3 and maybe over time adding more who knows. I saw it on the lady in charge of a Goddess Temple where I'm at and it sparked my memory; she only has one that I saw. Perhaps I'll do that instead of all over and just go from there.
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
like this partial dreads
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
what r u talking about? rastavanny said:
i think that looks cool!
Cody Pitt
@cody-pitt
14 years ago
105 posts
The three in the front are dreads. I left those in after my first set was combed out.

updated by @cody-pitt: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
neat ^^
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
a freinds thinking of joining and she wants to dread just the underneath hair so the top hair can still be styled in normal undreaded fashionsthis wass her inspiration

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
After your 'partial dreads' mature you can use conditioner like normal and it wont affect the dreads besides it building up inside the dread which washing with baking soda or doing an apple cider vinegar rinse will clear that up.
MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
O.K.- I have a question about this. Doesn't everyone basically start out with partial dreads??? Your hair doesn't all dread at the same time does it? I was kind of wanting to keep a little wispy look with mine. Like maybe my bangs or something and a few around my face. I like that partial "loosely dreaded" look. Can you maintain that???
 / 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form