Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

having no luck with dreads

pokolo
@pokolo
14 years ago
59 posts

i haven't combed my hair for several months.. not sure how long but i think it has been in that 3-6 month range

however i haven't noticed any results!

what else should i be doing? should be shampooing less? should i change my shampoo? (i use axe or sometiems suave)

should i not be using conditioner?

what else can i do to start the dreads?

would it help if i post a pic of myself/hair?

updated by @pokolo: 02/14/15 09:18:18AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yes no conditioners and those shapoos totaly suckpic would help yes how long is yoir hairconditioners are designed to prevent dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
axe and suave are total crap ..salon type shampoos specificalyt anti-dreadanything would be betterthe baking sioda or any purely nion residue all natural stuffand definately no confitioners plus i think your only at abiut 4 inches? thats barely enoufgh to twiust n rip for natural you'll want 6 inchessince u used all that crap, use nutragena daily clarifying at least once to remove all the built up residuesthen use baking soda or a non residue and you'kllo see progress but maybe not real dreading till u get lil more length

--
pokolo
@pokolo
14 years ago
59 posts

here is a pic of meso what type of shampoo should i use? what brands or whateveri know they say residue free but when i look at bottles i don't see any that say 'residue free' on the bottle
updated by @pokolo: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dr bronners is popylar so is lush but best of all is home made baking soda mix/apple cider vinagar rincemost shampoos are designed to prevent dreads so most shampoos arent good...try the baking sida mix posted here http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/super-clean-dreads-safe-for pokolo said:

here is a pic of me

so what type of shampoo should i use? what brands or whatever

i know they say residue free but when i look at bottles i don't see any that say 'residue free' on the bottle

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Stop running your fingers through your hair, if you have a habit of doing that.
pokolo
@pokolo
14 years ago
59 posts
ok so i'll just stop using conditoner then... does washing your hair with bar soap actually work? any kind of bar soap?i heard that ACV makes your hair smell funkyand with the baking soda can i just use straight up baking soda or do i have to make a recipeoh and how often should i wash my hair? i take a shower once everyday
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
acv dont make u smell funky maybe for 10 minmutes but after ui rinse welkl it fades away fastu donty gotta folloew a recipie the herbs are optiomnal and u can mix it to your tastes but general guidelines on how much baking soda and water help as a starting point to developing youir ownweekly isfine to weash so is 2 or 3 times a eeek the closer u can get to weekly the better but only if its comfy if u feel gringy washmost bar soaps have residues and conditionersthe baking soda cleans better then anythuing pokolo said:
ok so i'll just stop using conditoner then... does washing your hair with bar soap actually work? any kind of bar soap?
i heard that ACV makes your hair smell funky
and with the baking soda can i just use straight up baking soda or do i have to make a recipe

oh and how often should i wash my hair? i take a shower once everyday

--
pokolo
@pokolo
14 years ago
59 posts
i look up online and read that i should put a tablespoon of baking soda & a cup of warm/hot water in a plastic bottle and shake it and use that as my shampoo... is that right? should i just start doing this today then? soaringeagle said:
acv dont make u smell funky maybe for 10 minmutes but after ui rinse welkl it fades away fast

u donty gotta folloew a recipie the herbs are optiomnal and u can mix it to your tastes but general guidelines on how much baking soda and water help as a starting point to developing youir own
weekly isfine to weash so is 2 or 3 times a eeek the closer u can get to weekly the better but only if its comfy if u feel gringy wash
most bar soaps have residues and conditioners
the baking soda cleans better then anythuing

pokolo said:
ok so i'll just stop using conditoner then... does washing your hair with bar soap actually work? any kind of bar soap?
and with the baking soda can i just use straight up baking soda or do i have to make a recipe

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yup i use way more tho cause got lot more hair but heres the basic recipie http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/super-clean-dreads-safe-for pokolo said:
i look up online and read that i should put a tablespoon of baking soda & a cup of warm/hot water in a plastic bottle and shake it and use that as my shampoo... is that right? should i just start doing this today then?

soaringeagle said:
acv dont make u smell funky maybe for 10 minmutes but after ui rinse welkl it fades away fast

u donty gotta folloew a recipie the herbs are optiomnal and u can mix it to your tastes but general guidelines on how much baking soda and water help as a starting point to developing youir own
weekly isfine to weash so is 2 or 3 times a eeek the closer u can get to weekly the better but only if its comfy if u feel gringy wash
most bar soaps have residues and conditioners
the baking soda cleans better then anythuing

pokolo said:

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form