Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Opinion on letting loctician do your sectioning

Kenty
@kenty
5 years ago
15 posts

When I had backcomb/crochet done, I wanted more control over the front sectioning so my receding hairline was less obvious (doesn't bother me anymore)  

Can bad sectioning choice really impact the end result? not in terms of dread size (learnt my lesson) but if sectioning/placement is off that can be and look wrong?    

I'm just reflecting on how my hair/sections would have been if were left to mature; Imo the front was really off and this could have been an issue if my dreads were to be quite long.    

Going to let the sections happen naturally now and then will either tnr them or freeform all the way. 

To force certain sections doesn't seem like it's healthy and I just don't think the end result is as good as just letting the hair do it's thing. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

your right forced all even sections would look gappy and unnatural if they form naturally they automatically fill in gaps and look better

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

obviously..don't crochet again

--
Kenty
@kenty
5 years ago
15 posts

My hair is growing back from cutting short and I can definitely see the damage it's caused a lot of thinning.

I'm sure I will recover (haven't read all the posts yet) thank goodness I only got it done once. My hair's already thin/fine enough as it is.

I hope I don't have too much trouble getting it to section naturally.

I switched from dreadlock shampoo to black soap  

https://theblessedseed.com/shop/black-seed-soap-shampoo-bar-80g/

Do you think this could be a suitable dreadlock shampoo? maybe not so much for fine/thin hair with all the oils and i'm not sure if it's residue free. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

try it but might be too conditioning

--
Kenty
@kenty
5 years ago
15 posts

Thanks SE. I really like the look of this guy's dreads, what method do you think he used? I doubt it's freeform? 

https://www.asos.com/bershka/bershka-shirt-in-red-with-tartan-print/prd/11239997?clr=red&colourWayId=16293749&SearchQuery=&cid=3602

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form