Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Friend's opinion

Theodora Stella
@theodora-stella
5 years ago
14 posts

FemalePheromones: No problem. The less of a fuck you give, the happier you'll be.

Happy

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,639 posts

guys working on server issues

think we solved (temporarily) the issue with lack of email notices, but now seems that i cannot see the last 2 replies despite getting the email notices

are you experiencing this too?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Theodora Stella
@theodora-stella
5 years ago
14 posts

Duskwood:

That's a great story Soaring Eagle! :) I'm happy for you.

@theodora-stella I know it can be hard to be who you want to be but from my own personal experience I know that when I do what I truly want to do and dress the way I do and in this case grow my hair the way I want to; I feel happy. Even when other people don't agree. My dad is a racist bigot, he really won't like me with dreadlocks. My brother says it will make me look like a typical vegan hippy activist. Of course I care about what they say, but I try my best not to let it influence my happiness because in the long run, I know what I want and there's nothing wrong with that :) So prove your friend wrong, with beautiful natural dreadlocks that probably smell great!

Me too, it's so liberating to grow dreads...doing nothing to my hair!!! Thanks a lot Duskwood!!! Stay happy!!!

Theodora Stella
@theodora-stella
5 years ago
14 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

guys working on server issues

think we solved (temporarily) the issue with lack of email notices, but now seems that i cannot see the last 2 replies despite getting the email notices

are you experiencing this too?

Yes it happened to me too, the email arrived first 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,639 posts

i didnt see the reply untill i posted a reply to that..

ok watching things please use the contact us tab to send me a message on any and all odd server/site behavior you see the next couple dys...hopefully we'll figure it out but at least the emails are sending again

--
Theodora Stella
@theodora-stella
5 years ago
14 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

i didnt see the reply untill i posted a reply to that..

ok watching things please use the contact us tab to send me a message on any and all odd server/site behavior you see the next couple dys...hopefully we'll figure it out but at least the emails are sending again

Sure!!!

Duskwood
@duskwood
5 years ago
45 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

whats wrong with looking like a vegan activists/  btw  most vegan activists look like everyone else.. except not as fat or unhealthy.

an so true after cutting my 1st set due to pressure from negative people ..i was mor e miserable then at any other time of my life

and regrowing my hair i was happy again (despite just months before endig up in a wheelchair)

if you can;'t really be yourself how can you ever be happy

Nothing wrong with that in my opinion :) I do some activism, that's why he said it to me, but when I do I always look quite neutral anyway. And yeah, I've also cut my hair a few times, I got a mohawk to look tougher haha :D

DreadJay
@dreadjay
5 years ago
51 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

if you can;'t really be yourself how can you ever be happy

This is the true meaning of life! I have incredible social pressures around me from my girlfriend. She hates dreadlocks. She won't touch my hair and to be honest I feel like she's became a little distant with me since I started the journey. But doing this has made me the happiest person I've ever been.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,639 posts

i cut my dreads once cause of pressure from my 'girlfriend"  in quotes for a reason..although it was 1 of the longer relationships it was also  absolutely the most muss matched.. totally wrong for eacchhother

but then ..well i cut them for a careeer they (her and my mom) pushed me into which i had no interest in.. so 6 months later i graduate  wearing a fucking suite and tie..totally not who i am.. i had really short hair, i wore a hat all da y except in the school, i didn't even feel like myself..lost

then at my graduation party i broke my back.. a week into my several months in the hospial she tells me shes sleeping (didnt say sex) with a freind of mine.."for comfort' i get out of the hosp and a month later ,,2 at most suddenly they are a couple

point is that..how strongs a relationship.. when little things, let alone big can cause that "i don't even want touch you" reaction

dreads are a filter that shows you who the people around ou truly are.open and  understanding and accepting, or judgental, unwillin g to see the other side, and selfish.

maybe over time she will come around, or maybe someone who knows how to be happy no matter how your hair looks will fill her space

--
DreadJay
@dreadjay
5 years ago
51 posts

Damn dude. Your story resonates. I have no personal experience with what you went through but you sound like a very wise man who has only grew stronger in life. I get that impression from reading your stuff. The world needs a lot more "elders" to guide the young. Kudos.

My girlfriend doesn't like them either. 10 year relationship so it's a long one. But she knows I will not cut them off and I think she's just getting used to the idea. She still looks at me in a strange way at times. I told my son if he gets A's in his Math and English exams I'll order him some liquid and he can start right after his exams. Gives him 4 months to get it started before he starts school again.

I have never been happier in my life since I started my journey. It's changed who I am from the inside. I could never let another persons opinion break that happiness. I think this journey teaches you to gain the strength to ignore what other people think about you. That is a good character trait to have imho.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form