Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

Question about drying

JayLittle
@jaylittle
5 months ago
3 posts
Hello everyone. I'm only 2 days into my dread journey and have a question about drying my hair. I'm currently using BS washes but intend to switch to the dread shampoo from this site. Is there a specific way I should dry my hair? I've seen so many different opinions but most deal with established locs.Since I'm just starting out is there a way to dry that will promote dreading? Thank you all in advance for your time and patience.
updated by @jaylittle: 04/27/18 04:09:46AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 months ago
28,399 posts

yea stop using the bs washes but shake it out and air/drip/sun dry when you can blow dry  gently when you must (lower heat settings)

drying with a towel at times might create knots and seem to help dreading.. but all too often hear people drying their hair 3 months in and in an instant lose 3 months progress

so most find avoiding towels best

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
5 months ago
101 posts

After washing i wrap my hair with a microfibre towel for like half an hour and then i let mine airdry. Normal towels can cause lint into

the dreads so i would buy a microfibre towell instead.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 months ago
28,399 posts

i used to just wrap the length and squeeze out some  just so i didn't drip all over the house but lost mu microfiber towels 

--
JayLittle
@jaylittle
5 months ago
3 posts
Thank you guys for the replies. I have started shaking them out after the shower then I use a towel to just squeeze the water out then I blow dry on the low cool setting until they are mostly dry then I allow my hair to air dry the rest of the way. Thank you all again.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 months ago
28,399 posts

during warmer months i toss mine out the car window on a drive and that works wonders (and gets a few stares haha.. oh and  gives anyone in the back seat with the windows open a proper flogging haha)

--
dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
5 months ago
101 posts

Awaseru: I too squeeze out the water with a microfiber towel. In summer I just washed and went outside, can't do that anymore, my head would freeze of.

Yeah, it is winter over here, too and that sucks! I wash only once a week in winter and twice a week during the warm months

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 months ago
28,399 posts

supposedly winter but windows wide open thanks climate change

--
JayLittle
@jaylittle
5 months ago
3 posts
It's cold here. Way too cold to just go outside or let the windows down. I'd have icicles instead of dreads lol
Daniel2
@daniel2
4 months ago
51 posts

I usually air dry mine. I do squeeze them to get all that water soaked up. Sometimes when I'm going out I do use a towel to squeeze them. What's this micro towel I hear about though? Is it like the one's you see at walmart or something, or a specific one? 

/ 2

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form