Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com
Dreadlocks Forums

Congoing two dreads

btw990
@btw990
8 months ago
12 posts
So I've gotten back in a better washing routine and my roots are now nice and in order again (thank you soaring eagle). This goes for all of them except for one particular dread next to my right ear that is my thinnest one, almost half as thick as the rest. Over time it has gotten even thinner and it's pretty obnoxious, so I decided I want to congo it to the one next to it to be more comparable to the rest. What is the best way to go about this? I'm at a year and a half now so they are fairly tight; I think I just have trouble conceptualizing how they will become one by just not separating since they are they are as tight as they are, how long it will take, how they will look, etc.
updated by @btw990: 01/28/17 05:12:42AM
btw990
@btw990
8 months ago
12 posts

I forgot to mention that I would like to make them congo down the full length instead of just with new growth. I'm not sure if I'll need to take the two apart and let them redread or if eventually they'll fully combine. I'll post pictures later if that helps.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 months ago
27,919 posts

they will only combine at the roots the only way to combine the entire length is harmful (sewing or crocheting) although some have bound dreads together  by wrapping or braiding or beads and they might combine the full length

but yea simply not separating will result in them congoing typically in a couple months

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
btw990
@btw990
8 months ago
12 posts

I figured that would be the case. How about undoing both dreads and starting them over by TnR? Or even just undoing the skinny one and beading it to the other? Would that work? I'm just sick of this one that's getting more and more flaccid and want to finally take care of it, but I'd rather it be one dread completely than have that split. If I do undo it, what's the safest way, and is it even possible to get past the part where it was once interlocked?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 months ago
27,919 posts

eh well the interlocked part will need extra care to undo

why would it matter if its 1 solid dread? when its longer it will be 1 solid dread except 2 short lil ends

to take them out  use loads o conditioner or olive oil andcarefully brush or comb from the tip up some find just picking at it with a pin or fork worksbest some just undo it with fingers..it takes time though

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form