Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What can I do with this guy

Adam3
@black
9 years ago
24 posts

So where my hair has not naturally sectioned itself, I now have this little 'devi's lock' guy in the front. I'm already pretty tired of constantly brushing it off of my face. I think I would like to try and introduce it to the dread forming on the side. How can I do this without damaging the hair? Is there any other options than using a bead? Nothing against beads, I just don't know where to start when trying to find the right size or type.

updated by @black: 02/03/18 04:14:56PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

if you stop brushing it off your face it will start to dread

i wouldnt try adding it to any existing dreads

now im going to suggest something i wouldn't normally suggest, but if you do it exactly as i recomend it will be ok..

normally if you tie a knot in a dread to fix a weak spot it will break therre but if you tie a tiny knot right at the very end, it wont break cause at the end theres nothing to break off

normaly  interlocking or root flipping is a terible idea  and also creates weak points but

if you then take that knotted end,  flip it through the hair  only like 4 or 5 times the whole length, in random directions   like once every inch  it will be loose enough  to not cause issues at all but it will get that section to stay together when you brush it back and will get it to dread rather fast

i only recommend it cause if u keep pushing it back it wont dread without something being done to prevent it from being pulled apart

ofcourse a bead wrap or tnr would be better  but  this way will let it naturaly dread  just helps it not be torn apart when pushed back

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Adam3
@black
9 years ago
24 posts

Thanks for the tips SE. Not sure if I can pull off the interlocking trick. I'll read through it a few more times and make sure I completely understand it before I give it a go.

Once that section dreads, will it still hang down directly in front of my face you think?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

as it gains weight it wiill stay back when flipped back it could/should be 2 or 3 dreads though 

yea i hesitate to recomend that but ifits  really loose  it shouldnt be risky

--
Adam3
@black
9 years ago
24 posts

That brings up another question I have been thinking about (saying that it should probably be 2 or 3 dreads). I have noticed that a lot of the dreads that have started already are really big. Big as far as the amount hair in each section at the root. I know there really isn't a 'normal' as far as letting your hair dread free-form, but is there something I should be doing to prevent that? I do maintenance and pull apart sections that are starting to dread together to prevent congos. But right now it seems like I will have 15 dreads by the time everything is done, lol.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

yeaif they are formingtoo huge seperate em into smaller sections before they get so dreaded u cant

--
Adam3
@black
9 years ago
24 posts

Hey SE, so I'm a little concerned now about the size of the sections/dreads. I separate them daily, however, there have been several that start to heavily knot overnight before I can get to them. I figured I would post some pics of different angles. I know its hard to see, but could use some input. I was hesitant about free-form dreading because I was afraid I wouldn't separate them correctly.

updated by @black: 06/23/15 10:11:55PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

dont see the pics

--
Adam3
@black
9 years ago
24 posts

Sorry, I'm having trouble attaching multiple files.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

dont attach, use the embed media button next to smiley button

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form