Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dread journey questions

fatherof7
@fatherof7
9 years ago
4 posts
OK so I've talked with SE when I first did my dreads, and got some great and helpful info from him(thank you). I have had backcombed dreads since end of December. That said my dreads have almost completely fallen out and my head is full of loose hairs from dreads that are falling apart. My hair is probably 7 inches long +/- and at most an inch is still "dreaded" I'm thinking of having my wife comb them out and start the process over using either TnR or freeform. My main questions are

1. If I do freeform is there any type of shampoo I should use when I start(currently use a liquid from buck county)

2. I can't have my hair too crazy for my job and before I started this all it gets really super crazy bed head type stuff without combing lol. Is there any way I can "wear" my hair to allow it to do its thing while still being "presentable" for work?

I know that it is a journey/process and it will take time so that part doesn't bother me I just want them to be healthy and last. So I want to make sure they are done right and don't instantly fall out and not begin to reform.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

your job has no say in how tyhey look however its perfectly normal to loosen and even fall apart over the 1st several months then tighten back up

look at the 1st post in featured discussions on yoir rights to wear dreads in the workplace

it explains the law and how they cannotsay abnything about how they look

are you tying them up or wearing a hat alot

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
fatherof7
@fatherof7
9 years ago
4 posts

No I have only worn a tam the first few days at work when the back combed dreads were sideshow Bob looking. On cold days when I'm working outside I'll wear a beanie type hat which is a little tighter but not too tight and that hasn't been all that often.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

are you toiwel drying

--
fatherof7
@fatherof7
9 years ago
4 posts

I wrap a towel around my head for maybe 10-15 minutes after washing then let it air dry

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

ok till they are well dreaded id just shake em out gently then drip/air dryblow gentlyin winter

--
fatherof7
@fatherof7
9 years ago
4 posts

OK thanks man

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form