29,640 posts

backcvcombs too damaging tnr is nextr best to  natureal

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

backcomb damages the hair tnr is almost as gentle as natural but  naturals by far the best

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

well u can have dreading in weeks to months  no methods goingto giive u matuyre dreads under a year and  often naturals actualy faster if u tnr 5 and let the rest go natural u might finfd the natural ones dread fastest

not always ..but often

--
MW2TopTenWORLD
@mw2toptenworld
9 years ago
46 posts

Oh well thanks!

Well then I'm not going with backcomb for sure hehe! 

And yes I agree that natural are better then any other methods but I really cant so i guess Twist & Rip is the way to go.. And are the noticeable "appearance" differences between T&R / Natural / Backcomb when they're mature??

Thanks

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

somwhat tnr and natural can look closer to the same backcombes esasirr to tell the diference usualy

--
sarah.bosley
@sarahbosley
9 years ago
7 posts

No matter what you do, dreadlocks will take time to look legit. I understand how you're thinking now with wanting them to look a certain way without so much of the wait, but if you are serious about wanting dreads you must be serious about taking time for them to mature. This could take a very long time, or only weeks.

I started with TnR. It was a complete waste of time (in my opinion) because they all ended up falling out anyway. I went neglect and I absolutely love them, they are still maturing and I'm going on 2 1/2 years now, I still have some loose hairs but you can more or less tell what kind of hair i'm sporting.

All methods will end up getting loopy, frizzy, loose, clumpy and all-out crazy at some point in their process. I've seen backcomb dreads that look crazier in the maturing process than neglect. Same with TnR. It depends on your hair "temperment" lol

As far as the overall look goes, I'm not a pro but in my opinion the way your dreads end up maturing overall doesn't depend much on the method you choose as long as we are still  talking about a product, wax-free situation. If you look up pictures of mature clean dreads (and by "clean" I mean wax and product free) they generally end up looking similar. The only thing you should be concerned about is size, because I've noticed that a lot of the time with TnR or backcomb methods, the end result dreads have a tendancy to be larger than people intended them to be because they don't factor in how much the dreads get fatter as they mature. An example of this: Whenever I started with TnR, I had 24 dreads. After they fell out and I neglected them, I have over 55.

Also, neglect is way cuter. Instead of going through awkward "fuzzy dreads" stage you get adorable bedhead. Just sayin'.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

agree completely the "messy" stages of neglect is when ppl start saying wow youve never looked better

--

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form