Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Creating my Dreads

MW2TopTenWORLD
@mw2toptenworld
9 years ago
46 posts

I am going to go with Neglect for a while until my hair separates, and then I'm going to grab the separations, brush them (should I brush them?) and then Twist & Rip them.

It's been a week since Neglect and my hair is separating, I am going to Twist & Rip maybe in about 2 weeks?..

My questions are do dreads look different from (full) neglect, twist & rip, backcomb... etc?

Could someone please post pictures of the differences? (How they look when they're mature,  I suppose)

Thanks also please comment on my method :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

dont bother twist and rip and certainly dont brush them

why would you  tnr in 2 weeksd when threy might already be dreading by then

they will look best, and you will be happiest with them if u just let them dread

if you tnr theres a fairly good chance u will regret it and wish u went neglect...maybe even enough to start over

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
MW2TopTenWORLD
@mw2toptenworld
9 years ago
46 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:
dont bother twist and rip and certainly dont brush them why would you  tnr in 2 weeksd when threy might already be dreading by then they will look best, and you will be happiest with them if u just let them dread if you tnr theres a fairly good chance u will regret it and wish u went neglect...maybe even enough to start over

Well I wouldn't brush them if I was going with neglect, I asked if should I brush them before T&R or not.. ( I imagine it's quite hard to T&R semi-knotted hair, hence the idea to brush them before T&R) and sadly I don't have the option to go neglect. It's hard to explain but no it's not about the mess or anything really, but sadly I can't go Neglect..

So please don't make me go jealous of not being able to have them :P

Also if someone could post some pictures with the differences I would be grateful!

Thanks soaring eagle

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

why cant you

but you see if its knotting your only reversing progress

--
MW2TopTenWORLD
@mw2toptenworld
9 years ago
46 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:
why cant you but you see if its knotting your only reversing progress  

Yes, I know that If I take the knots off I will be reversing progress but there again those knots were from the neglect progress and I'm doing neglect untill only my hair sections itself and then I will use those sections for T&R (If they're T&Rippable without brushing I will not brush them and take advantage of what neglect has done for me, but if I cannot do it without removing the knots then I will have to restart the process but by T&R this time :|) and the reason why I can't go neglect is because they take quite a long time to even look like dreads and I would've to cut my hair in like 4 months (it's been 2 weeks since I last cut) however If I do neglect only untill the hair separates and then T&R it wont bother so much.

How different are Twist & Rip dreads from neglect ones? (In the end, when they're mature)

Thanks again

updated by @mw2toptenworld: 03/19/15 06:07:00PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

actualy if its knotting up in 322 weeks it will not take a long time

--
MW2TopTenWORLD
@mw2toptenworld
9 years ago
46 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

I'm sure you didn't mean 322??? :|

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

lol or 2 if u have knots in 2 weeks you will have dreads fast

--
MW2TopTenWORLD
@mw2toptenworld
9 years ago
46 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

And please just tell me what are the major differences between backcomb, twist &rip or neglect (in the end) I would love to get neglect but it's not really a choice... and I kind of like all of them :) (methods)

MW2TopTenWORLD
@mw2toptenworld
9 years ago
46 posts

so hard to decide :|

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form