Dreadlocks Forums

twist and rip

rasata man vibrations
@rasata-man-vibrations
14 years ago
6 posts
hey everyone just want to say thanks for helping me heaps and
ive got a question.
with the twist and rip method how exactly do i do it?
and how often should i do it ?

updated by @rasata-man-vibrations: 01/13/15 08:30:54PM
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/twist-and-rip-method-dreading This kinda gives you a brief but basically all you need to know on how to do it,what your doing with this method is taking a long section of hair and plainly, twisting it, then taking that and splitting it apart at the tips, which forces knots down the middle, you do it constantly untill you have a section of hair that is knotted up.you should only have to do it, well once, depending on how successfully it goes, if it comes all apart you could do it again, (if you prep your hair and dry it out enough it should hold pretty well, (least it did in my friends hair (but she had been dying her hair for years so it was pretty dry and locked up very fast)
Vinny
@vinny
14 years ago
82 posts
here yeah she aint speaking engrish but she does a very good job of showing you how its done
Kundalini Rise
@kundalini-rise
14 years ago
67 posts
The easiest method (other than neglect), and what I would consider the only natural method, that can give you dreads in a short amount of time.They will be fluffy and loose. Let them tighten on their own.
earth mother
@earth-mother
14 years ago
4 posts
I just did t&r method a little over a month ago my hair seems to be dreading nicely (it's ALL CRAZY) the video posted above by Vinny was a huge help, best I found. One important thing I found is not to make them to tight. The first couple I did took like an hour and a half (my hair was down to the small of my back) those are the only ones not showing clear signs of dreading!The rest took only minutes each.They had absolutely no problem staying in. But that could have been because my hair is so long, nonetheless I found looser is definitely more effective. Good luck! Oh yeah, I think the salt water rinse I have been using has been a huge help with my dreads:)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form