Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com
Dreadlocks Forums

wool rubbing/salt spray

Filip Radulovic
@filip-radulovic
3 years ago
17 posts
One of the methods im considering to start my dreads is the wool rubbing and salt spray. Only guy worth watching on youtube ( by worth watching i mean white guy, because there are a few african americans but they dont help much, i got straight hair) is connor trent, bur he didnt section the hair by ripping it so he got very thin dreads, some of them were too thin, so he crocheted the dreads after a month of his journey. I was wondering how long does it take for the hair to start looking like dreads, and does it have any disadvantages or things to look out for... Has anyone used the method, any tips? Thanks in advance :-)
updated by @filip-radulovic: 01/13/15 10:00:59PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
27,922 posts

its not real effective it creates just a general knotty mes that then needs to be ripped apart into sections

your better off letting it dread naturally but sleep on a wool pillowcase

wool f]does help it dread but agressive rubbings not the best way to assist it wool tams and sleeping on a wool pillowcase otr sweatter covering the pillows better

uf u decide to wool rub do it only once

and dont crochet!

id really sggest you read the dreaducation page

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
Sting.Rey
@stingrey
3 years ago
44 posts
I find that when I surf in the summer the salt water really drys out and frizzes up my hair. I can see it all tighten up and short due to it locking up. Expect some loss of length as the dreading process continues. It's winter so I'm not doing any surfing until snowboard season ends. I do a mild salt water rinse after I was my hair (twice a week). But honestly it is nowhere near as good a mother natures own ocean water. DONOT crochet, interlock, wax, or any other method that will eventually destroy your dreads. Read the Dreaducation section. If you just gotta do something to get them started then twist & rip will be your safest way. But natural is the best. Take it from me a reformed free form. I made the awful mistake of going to a "loctitican" and now I have to grow out that mistake. Also your shampoo makes a BIG difference. Look at the dread specific products linked to from this website. They make shampoos, salt sprays and even locking gels if your really having a hard time locking up. I would go naturally first, give it a year and you'll see progress slowly but it will be a lot safer then any other method. Honestly I don't really see much progress day to day until I post a pic here then it becomes obvious. Good luck and keep us posted.
Dislike 1

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form