Is there anyone who's hair won't lock?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

oh and it shouldnt matter if u start now or wait

mine started out pretty short too

probably shorter then yours

if you change how you wash and what you wash with...and how you dry your chances of seeing progress in a week will go way up the way you were doing it it would be doubtful to see much progress in 3 months cause the shampoos are conditioning and the rubbing is just like combing practicly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 03:00:37AM
Mairi Campbell
@mairi-campbell
11 years ago
21 posts

Thank you...seems my instincts are completely wrong...lots to learn. I will switch to the baking soda wash and just pat my hair so that it's not dripping wet. Thanks for the help. What do you think about starting with it as short as it is? Should I wait until it's longer, or carry on?

soaring eagle said:

thats why it will never dread when you wash with normal shampoo and towel dry that way

switch the the baking soda or dreadlockshampoo stop towel drying (rubbing any tangles out of existence) those changes and you my see some actuion in just a week

Mairi Campbell said:

Ok well that's fair enough...you did come across a bit strong. I went back and reread my post to be sure, and I did not imply that I expected fully formed, perfect dreads in a week. I was just surprised to not even find a tangle after a week in the sea wind. Anyway, let's put that behind us. You asked me a few questions which I did not wish to discuss with you at that time. I am washing it with normal shampoo, and towel drying it vigorously then leaving it be. I would appreciate any tips you might have. And I have another question: I am hoping that with my hair being on the short side, that even though it will take longer to start locking, that maybe it will make stronger dreads? Or would it be better to wait until it is longer so that it locks more easily? Or does it make any difference? Thanks in advance, and peace and blessings

Mairi Campbell
@mairi-campbell
11 years ago
21 posts

Ok, that's encouraging. Another question...sorry, this might be the last one, at least for now...is it a bad idea to occasionally put a bandana or scarf on my head while I'm waiting for the dreads to get established? Would be nice to keep my hair out of my eyes sometimes, or if I need to be presentable for something while my hair is transitioning. I really appreciate the help.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

sometimes iss fine most of the times not

leave em loose as much as u can cover (loosely if possible) when you must

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Richard4
@richard4
11 years ago
16 posts
Hey, It's fine to wear a bandana or something, just remember the less your hair is allowed to be free flowing the longer it will take to dread. I started natural 5 months ago at really short hair and I have been loving it. If you want to get an idea of what the process is like check out the members timelines and journals section of the website where you can see different people and different hair styles and how each dread uniquely. peace
Mairi Campbell
@mairi-campbell
11 years ago
21 posts

Ok...thanks so much for your help. Will post my progress as it happens :) Namaste

soaring eagle said:

sometimes iss fine most of the times not

leave em loose as much as u can cover (loosely if possible) when you must

Mairi Campbell
@mairi-campbell
11 years ago
21 posts

Thanks so much! Luckily I can allow it to be free all day long, and I work at a winery right on the coast, so I am in the sea air all day! But nice to know that until the dreads are well-established I can cover them up occasionally. Also nice to hear that you started with short hair and are doing well with it. That's very encouraging :)

Richard said:

Hey, It's fine to wear a bandana or something, just remember the less your hair is allowed to be free flowing the longer it will take to dread. I started natural 5 months ago at really short hair and I have been loving it. If you want to get an idea of what the process is like check out the members timelines and journals section of the website where you can see different people and different hair styles and how each dread uniquely. peace
Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

time & love. don't expect things to happen right away, just wait & wonderful things WILL happen, it can take some time, for some of us a long while but it will happen & it will be great! just live & forget about them & they will do what they need to

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form