Dreadlocks Forums

Just starting!!

celestine✿۞
@celestine
14 years ago
80 posts
hey there everyone!!
it's nice to be here..
i am quite new here (became a member this week actually...)
but i have been into dreading for quite a long time..
i don't actually grow my own for the time, but i am really want to start in the future...
that's why i decided to ask everyone interested in giving me their opinion whether i should let my dread the natural way or if i should have it done..

i 'd be really happy to hear different opinions, and would really apreciate it..
i have read about the same almost theme in another blog, but as a beginner i thing it's a bit different situation...

thanks a lot..
take care...

updated by @celestine: 02/14/15 05:28:16AM
labmofgod
@labmofgod
14 years ago
94 posts
well i would definitly say try and go natural because it will be more comfortable and it will probably look better in the end
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
First off, Welcome!Second, I say go as natural as possible! Just cut out all shampoos and conditioners, and buy a nice large pitcher and some baking soda (and either apple cider vinegar or white vinegar for conditioning power!), throw away your brush and watch the magic happen! If you're like me and have a need for some form of sectioning, then start with a good baking soda wash, watch how your hair naturally separates when wet, and twist and rip the sections. I was really nervous about going 100% natural, partially because of my job, and partially because I could just imagine all my hair in one giant dread! I'd putz around the sight a bit, read what there is to read about different methods, and ask lots of questions..but in the end, listen to yourself. Everyone has their own dreading method... but it all comes from within. Let your body and nature steer you in the right direction! Mother nature wouldn't steer you wrong, I promise!
celestine✿۞
@celestine
14 years ago
80 posts
thanks a lot for the advice...i do believe that the natural way is an experience and i do want to go under this process..but it is a bit difficult to do this at this period of time, for my hair is not strong enough and i have been losing much over the past 5 months or so..and thw fact that my parents are a bot negative about it and suggest my waiting until i go to university..
Vinny
@vinny
14 years ago
82 posts
marie-felicite said:
i do believe that the natural way is an experience and i do want to go under this process..
Well if that's the way you feel then that is the way you should go. If your really wanna go through the whole "natural journey" then go for it cool thing. If you decide to not go natural and go another route (T n' R or backcombing) I suggest you do it yourself and maybe with a couple of friends, don't go and "get them done".Just do your homework for either side of that fence and go with what works best for you.
celestine✿۞
@celestine
14 years ago
80 posts
well, some good friends of mine have done their own and if i were to go this route i would definnately use their help..it would definately be much more fun...Vinny said: I suggest you do it yourself and maybe with a couple of friends, don't go and "get them done".

labmofgod
@labmofgod
14 years ago
94 posts
i second that. Christopher Kreschollek said:
dr. bronners magic soap.
celestine✿۞
@celestine
14 years ago
80 posts
what about this soap? labmofgod said:
i second that.

Christopher Kreschollek said:
dr. bronners magic soap.
labmofgod
@labmofgod
14 years ago
94 posts
its a really good residue free shampoo smells great and is organic and it comes in bars and liquid i love the liquid and it lasts forever i have had the same bottle of bronners for like 7 months and its still more then half full mainly because you only need a couple of drops if you use it full strength.look it up on google marie-felicite said:
what about this soap?

labmofgod said:
i second that.

Christopher Kreschollek said:
dr. bronners magic soap.
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
you may even be able to find it in your town if your have any vitamin type stores (i work in a vitamin shoppe and we carry all their stuff)
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form