Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Looking for help with tnr for short dreads in Pittsburgh PA

Jennifer Rose
@jennifer-rose
11 years ago
59 posts

Hi there. I'm pretty experienced with the usual methods of dreading hair, but I want to make sure when starting over this new set that I do it right even the parts I can't reach. My hair will be about 6ish+ inches long & locks really easily... I will be getting a friend whos in beauty school to do the sectioning, I want really small ones, about 80 or so,and then I need someone in the area to help tnr it. Anyone want to help out?

Thanks & Peace!

Jenn

updated by @jennifer-rose: 01/13/15 09:55:09PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

why

u say it dreads so easy why not let it dread naturally

seperatig u most likely will get around 80

having a hair dresser sections silly cause it sections itself in no time and using those existing natural sections looks best (as al]posed to silly square brick patters) and forced sections often reject he sections and try to revert to natural sections causing a split at the roots

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Jennifer. The best thing to do if you want T&R dreads, or any dreads in fact, is to let your hair section naturally. Just wash them with a dread friendly shampoo or bar 2.3 times a week, stop brushing them or finger combing (no conditioners), and in two weeks time, your hair will have sectioned, beautiful natural sections. This way, they are not being forced to be where they don't want to, they are randomly naturally made. If any area thicker than your want, then just divide it.

I have a posting on twist & rip dreads, as I also went that way. You really can do it on your own once your hair separates into sections. It just take a floor to plunk your butt on, a tv to watch, and a large mirror. Oh yeah, do it over 2 or 3 days, as the arms do get a little sore. But that way you will know they are not done tightly. Also don't twist, rip twist rip twist....or they will look braided when finished. Instead go twist rip rip rip twist rip rip rip rip twist and so on....... http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/just-starting-out-what-to-expect The best thing is to keep it all natural, no products need to be added, it only holds back or halts the maturing process.......have fun doing them.....peace

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form