Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreading super fine long hair?

MothyrGrimm
@mothyrgrimm
11 years ago
27 posts
And of course I'm quitting the conditioner I've been using. :)
updated by @mothyrgrimm: 07/23/15 07:48:29AM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Neutrogena Anti Residue Shampoo will work fantastic for you, can be found in all drug stores, just get the smallest bottle you can find. You can use this 3-4 times a year max. The best dread shampoo was created by a member on this site. Here website is www.dreadlockshampoo.com I have hard well water and this is fantastic, wish I had it when I had straight hair! No need to stop using BS & ACV. Just boil the water to mix the BS into, let the water cool & settle, pour slowly leaving the residue in the bottom of the pot. You can use the hard water for your ACV rinse, still worlks. Any sea salt works, even sea salt sold at fish aquarium shops, is that what hubby has? If so , you can use it. I am too lazy to boil the water every time, so I just buy cooler size jugs of water and use that, one jug lasts so long. So save your money and don't go to a salon for the anti residue shampoo, just go to the drug store, if you don't see it, ask them, I think they all have it....peace

MothyrGrimm said:

Thanks so much everyone! <3

Right now I'm just using regular store shampoo and conditioner. I tried finding a clarifying shampoo today to get rid of all my hair build up, but that was a no go. I'll have to go to a salon for it tomorrow. As for hair dye, my hair is colored, but not really any existing damage from what I can tell. Plus, no more hair color for me as my eggo is preggo. Lol

Does anyone know the best dread shampoos for hard water? We have super hard water (we have all the huge tests kits as hubby is an avid aquarist) and are moving to another place with hard water as well. I know with our cloth diapers at least, vinegar doesn't work too well with hard water. So guessing I should skip using bs & acv rinsed?

Also any preference on the type of salt for the sea salt spray? We have sea salt I cook with, but hubby also has big five gallon buckets of Instant Ocean for his salt water tanks. :)

Thanks again!!
MothyrGrimm
@mothyrgrimm
11 years ago
27 posts
Yup! Instant Ocean is the sea salt made for fish tanks. I think I'll use that instead since table sea salt is so refined versus aquarium salt that's full of the nutrients and such still.
MothyrGrimm
@mothyrgrimm
11 years ago
27 posts
Found the anti-residue shampoo! Thanks a ton. At CVS it was only $6 compaired to the $20 I'd spend at a salon. It did take foreverrrr for me to find it on the shelves though, I almost gave up. Haha I plan on shampooing with it twice today to make sure it's all really gone. Hopefully I can get the dread shampoo in time for my next shampoo. I'm super excited! A bit nervous... Family is in town staying with us starting the 4th and they're all old and going to do nothing but complain about how my hair looks. Grrr.
MothyrGrimm
@mothyrgrimm
11 years ago
27 posts

Another question. :)

I decided to tnr one little dreadie to see if I want to go that way. My hair is going to take ages to start forming so figured it wouldn't hurt to see how I like it. I did a spot about the size of a quarter up underneath and it's super skinny, just a few millimeters. Should I go a bit bigger since my hair is so thin? I know they're supposed to mature into the size of the base amount of hair chosen, but I also heard that can vary with super thin hair?

MothyrGrimm
@mothyrgrimm
11 years ago
27 posts

Here's the photo's of the tnr and my hair type/length. :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

it will surprise u how much it fattens up but what makes u thik it will take forever?

give it a month you maybe amazed how fast it dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
MothyrGrimm
@mothyrgrimm
11 years ago
27 posts

It seems like most people with super straight super fine hair have to wait a longer to see results. Hopefully that's not the case! I'd love little dreads to show off with baby bump pictures when I hit term. :)

soaring eagle said:

it will surprise u how much it fattens up but what makes u thik it will take forever?

give it a month you maybe amazed how fast it dreads

Heather
@heather
11 years ago
1,291 posts

My hair is fine and thin. Some of my sections are much larger than one inch and the mature dread is only about the size of my pinkie finger. Due to my thin hair i have less hair per square inch than someone with thick hair. Your dreads will be super skinny at the beginning but will most likely double in size by maturity.

MothyrGrimm said:

Another question. :)

I decided to tnr one little dreadie to see if I want to go that way. My hair is going to take ages to start forming so figured it wouldn't hurt to see how I like it. I did a spot about the size of a quarter up underneath and it's super skinny, just a few millimeters. Should I go a bit bigger since my hair is so thin? I know they're supposed to mature into the size of the base amount of hair chosen, but I also heard that can vary with super thin hair?

MothyrGrimm
@mothyrgrimm
11 years ago
27 posts
Hrm. That's nerve wracking. Double the size wouldn't even hit a quarter inch for me. Eek! So hard to tell the future! Lol Thinking I may need to size up a bit more than the standard guidelines. My hair comes to like 2-4 mm after being tnr-ed.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form