Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

one dose of wax???

Tim5
@tim5
12 years ago
359 posts

I had my hair backcombed in a salon. I was not expecing pain, but boy did it hurt. This was four weeks ago. She put some wax onand I went home sideshow bob style. Weird. Next day I washed my hair, the wax was horrid. I have washed my hair at leasttwelve times in four weeks, and salt water rinse, I can feel my dreads really starting now. I have quite curly hair. I can feel lots of the loose hair being pulled into the baby dreads. I had natural dreads for ten years, but somehow I did not know about how bad wax is. So I know what dreads should feel like, and these babies feel just fine. I hope this one dose of wax hasn't harmed my dreads, I certainly can't feel it anymore, the knots are coming along just fine. What do you think?

updated by @tim5: 01/13/15 09:38:45PM
Kelly3
@kelly3
12 years ago
333 posts

You should try get the wax out, regardless. It will have seeped into the centre of your dreads. You can use dawn dish soap in hot water, but it will still take multiple washes. Better to get it all out and have it done with.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Wax is a hydrocarbon. It NEVER washes out in water and normal soap. You need a detergent to get it out. If it feels ok, that just means that the wax has begun to seep into the core of your locks. It's harder to get out from there. But it's still necessary to grow healthy locks. Even 1 waxing session will create a host of trouble later on.
If your locks are under 2-4 months old, it may be better o wash them out and start over. The aggressiveness that you need to wash out wax will probably undo them anyway.

Tim5
@tim5
12 years ago
359 posts

Thanks for the information. Much appreciated.

Baba Fats said:

Wax is a hydrocarbon. It NEVER washes out in water and normal soap. You need a detergent to get it out. If it feels ok, that just means that the wax has begun to seep into the core of your locks. It's harder to get out from there. But it's still necessary to grow healthy locks. Even 1 waxing session will create a host of trouble later on.
If your locks are under 2-4 months old, it may be better o wash them out and start over. The aggressiveness that you need to wash out wax will probably undo them anyway.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form