Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

~HELP PLEASE.....~ I have no dreads just yet but really need some loving input/advice....please...

ॐJesse Rose~*☼
@jesse-rose
12 years ago
23 posts

~Help Please~

I am just being honest on here, but since I am also a free spirit, I'll end up doing what I think is best for me. =o)

My hair (no dreads yet) is halfway down my back, about two inches from my waist.

I have that baby fine type of hair, but it also is a little wavy..natural wave.

I was told I can't dread my hair it's too thin....so I was considering fake dreads, if for nothing else but to see how they looked on me (was also told recently that i look like a boy and it would only make me look more like a boy =o( )

My sister had long fake dreads for quite awhile, you couldnt tell they were fake...now her dreads are real, cuz she didnt do anything with her hair while it was growing out, if that makes any sense at all.

Input/feedback is welcome.

I realize i might be creating an obomination in some people's eyes, but I really want to see if dreads are right for me without totally ruining my fine hair..

ANYONE ELSE HERE HAVE FINE HAIR AND DREADS IS WORKING OK FOR THEM????
IF YOU DO I WOULD LIKE TO SEE YOUR DREADS...

maybe that will put my mind at ease

I want to do something different with my hair ....

~NAMASTE~

updated by @jesse-rose: 02/14/15 08:12:55AM
ॐJesse Rose~*☼
@jesse-rose
12 years ago
23 posts

im gonna want to delete this after i get my replies cuz its a bit negative. thankyou.

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
Don't let what one person says stop you. If you want dreads, then let them grow. I would think that the fake dreads would do more damage to your hair than letting real dreads form on their own. Your hair seems to be the same texture as mine. You could stop combing/brushing today and there's a chance no one would even know for a while. Of your hair could start sectioning right away and knot up real quick. Check out the dreaducation page and the dread methods page. Ultimately it's your hair and your decision and you'll do what you want. Just let us try to help you make it the healthiest and happiest
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

no real dreadhead waxes

your hair will dread just fine

go to a gathering without a comb yiu will leave r=there with dreads

or just stop combing'it will dread'[yiu will have real dreads whilt=e the waxty freinds the 1 with fake dreads u wont be caught dead with]

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ahil Ganesan
@ahil-ganesan
12 years ago
53 posts
Dont worry about what your plastic dread mate has to say, your hair will dread just fine if you let it do it's own thing, give it time. Good luck
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

From what I hear, fine hair dreads just great. In fact, because the shed hair has nowhere to go, it will eventually thicken up.

I have personal experience with dreadlock extensions as well as installing them on people of various hair types. If you do put in dread extensions you will have head and neck pain as well as hair breakage. Fine hair breaks pretty easily also your head and neck (and in some cases, your back) will hurt because it's not used to carrying so much extra weight all of a sudden. I'm not trying to scare you off of extensions however, I wanted to warn you of what to expect. This will be very different from having your own dreads because the extra hair weight will be gradual.

Regardless of what you choose, time to tune out that negative nancy who is poo-pooing you every step of the way. Do what makes you feel good and happy and just don't hang out with them :P

Autumn2
@autumn2
12 years ago
18 posts

I have fine, naturally blonde hair and I am 17 days into my natural no-interference dreads. I estimate that it is going to be a two year commitment until I really start seeing what most people would consider as dreads. However, I am willing to do this because I have thought about dreads for a long time and I have researched them, and I know that this is the best way for me. I have photos on my page if you want to check them out. I have 100% faith that with patience and NO COMBS my hair will dread. It has already started to knot up in the bottom of the back. Why not just give time and patience a chance? :)

ॐJesse Rose~*☼
@jesse-rose
12 years ago
23 posts

ohhhh ok, thankyou.... =o) this will work out good for me, then...thankyou all for sharing and caring....

Jessica Reyes said:

apparently the finer and straighter the hair, the faster it dreads...it's stringy ya know? so it's gonna knot real quick with the right washing and keeping them healthy

ॐJesse Rose~*☼
@jesse-rose
12 years ago
23 posts

my hair looked like your hair does now..when it was shorter. ty for sharing.

Autumn said:

I have fine, naturally blonde hair and I am 17 days into my natural no-interference dreads. I estimate that it is going to be a two year commitment until I really start seeing what most people would consider as dreads. However, I am willing to do this because I have thought about dreads for a long time and I have researched them, and I know that this is the best way for me. I have photos on my page if you want to check them out. I have 100% faith that with patience and NO COMBS my hair will dread. It has already started to knot up in the bottom of the back. Why not just give time and patience a chance? :)

ॐJesse Rose~*☼
@jesse-rose
12 years ago
23 posts

thankyou valerie, its good to know that. i might just take the fake dreads ive made so far and turn them into a ponytail holder...i can barter with it at gatherings perhaps. ty so very much.

Valrie said:

From what I hear, fine hair dreads just great. In fact, because the shed hair has nowhere to go, it will eventually thicken up.

I have personal experience with dreadlock extensions as well as installing them on people of various hair types. If you do put in dread extensions you will have head and neck pain as well as hair breakage. Fine hair breaks pretty easily also your head and neck (and in some cases, your back) will hurt because it's not used to carrying so much extra weight all of a sudden. I'm not trying to scare you off of extensions however, I wanted to warn you of what to expect. This will be very different from having your own dreads because the extra hair weight will be gradual.

Regardless of what you choose, time to tune out that negative nancy who is poo-pooing you every step of the way. Do what makes you feel good and happy and just don't hang out with them :P

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form