Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

While waiting for wax and shampoo...

Luca Pristed
@luca-pristed
12 years ago
13 posts

Hello there lovely dreadies, i began dreading 6 months ago (with wax) but was saved by this forum a couple months ago.
I ordered the Wax B-Gone and some shampoo from Buck County Soap thingy but that was in June... and i haven'treceivedthe stuff yet, though i can see that its clearly sent on PayPal, anyone else having trouble with this?

Besides i think that my dreads are real fluffy and there are anextremenumber of loose hairs (If you ask me)
Is there anything i should be doing to my dreads?
As of right now i just clean them in the shower every 2 days but i have never dared using shampoo yet, was kinda hoping the shampoo from Bucks would arrive, but should i just use normal soap then?

So the questions were:

• Having troublereceivingorder from Buck County Soap (Im from Denmark)
  • My dreads a loose and fluffy, what to do? (Picture attached (im a roleplayer so they can look funny))
  • Am i cleaning them right?
  • Should i just buy normal soap since the soap from Bucks haven't arrived?

I hope you can help me, i love my dreads and i want to care for them so they can look their best! <3

updated by @luca-pristed: 01/13/15 09:35:14PM
Rose
@rose
12 years ago
102 posts

I've never ordered anything from Buck's County Soap, so I can't really help you with that. But I would assume it is because you are in Denmark.

Your dreads look good in the pictures! I can't really tell they're loose and fluffy. Don't worry about it though, it's just what your hair is doing right now. It's inevitable it will lock up more with time.

Clean hair does lock faster. Especially since you're worried about loose hair you should probably be washing with soap or baking soda.

"Normal" soap usually isn't a good idea because most can contain residue. Since you're still waiting for your soap to arrive you could use the baking soda/ACV rinse. Or you could go to some store around you a buy a cheap non-residue soap.

Luca Pristed
@luca-pristed
12 years ago
13 posts

Thanks alot Rose, good to get feedback :)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/m/profile?screenName=0z37kfd213dem

This is Vicki's page. She's the one who makes the soaps. contact her directly. If there is a tracking number they gave you, call or go to your post office. I'm not sure how it works in Denmark, but they might have stopped it at customs because there's a gel they can't identify or something.

Your locks should be fuzzy and messy. It's just part of how they form. The 4th month is generally the messiest, so you should be a little past that. They will start to come together nicely soon.

Normal soap is a bad idea. If you can get baking soda and apple cider vinegar, use that for now until your soaps come

Luca Pristed
@luca-pristed
12 years ago
13 posts

Would it be okay if i bought soap without any perfume in it? Or is it called something else?

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

You'd need a non residue soap. Ask Heather on this site about what ingredients you should stay away from completely. She'd know best. But you want to stay away from things with coconut oil, and glycerin, and sulfates/sulfites, methylisothoazolinone, Any other thoazolinone's

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

hmm do a trace on the shampoos she sends them very fast but who knows how the delivery service goe =once its in your country

theres hno way it should take that long its possible it was delivereed then stolen off youir front porch or who knows so u need to track the delivery and find ot where it went\

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form