Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadheadhq knottyboy owners customers - dreadlockssite wax off challenge

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

dreadlockssite is challenging both the owners and customers of both dreadheadhq and knottyboy to a wax off challenge.

i am not aware of 1 employee of knottyboy with dreads, so jonny clean, and any knottyboy employee with dreads are challenged to step up and take our wax off challenge (details below)

we also challenge all supporters and customers of these sites to consider taking this challenge as well.

why the wax off challenge?

actual wax in a dread, this dread was cut off due to wax use, only 2 weeks of wax use followed by 4 years of washing and trying to remove it (before wax b gone was invented) the dread was easily picked apart and split with only fingers. after being ripped in to 2 parts they were palm rolled for 10 seconds and glued right back together with nothing but the 4 year old wax still in them!

this is the same dread you see above ripped in 2, but after palm rolling, and gluing it back together with the same wax put in over 4 years ago!

many of you believe wax is not so bad for dreads, or is even necessary, or can be used safely if used sparingly. we believe no wax use is safe, and have proven over and over that its not only unnecessary, but harmful and severely hinders the dreading process.

wax only creates the illusion of maturing fast by gluing hair together in wax that hardens over time and never washes out.

details of the challenge:

you will do dreadwax removal, following the instructions found here dread wax removal

if you don't purchase the wax b gone (highly recommended) then you should aggressively use a grease cutting dish soap and near dangerously hot water, many many times over a course of nearly 3 months (yes it can take that long to remove dread wax without wax b gone)

if you use the wax b gone and are not satisfied you can request a refund, if vicki (the maker of wax b gone) doesn't honor the refund (i have not discussed this challenge with her before posting it) then i will honor the refund out of my own pocket (i have nothing to gain by this challenge except fewer waxy dreads to have to repair, but i am risking monetary loss because its that important)

if you then agree dreads feel look and in fact are better wax free then you will post here or on other sites (prefer linking to our wax info and wax removal info) your experiences with wax, and wax free dreads.

additional we challenge jonny clean and knottyboy employees with dreads to take this challenge, i will in fact pay for the wax b gone for you. jonny clean, since your so into video i challenge you to make a fair unbiased video of your experiences. once you are convinced that wax free dreads are better you will stop all sales of wax, and print a disclaimer on your sites about why you stopped selling wax, and include info on removing wax from your former victims. (i don't say victims to be insulting, that is just what most of your former customers call themselves)

further notes: messiness and loose hairs, looseness of dreads, even mature dreads is to be expected when removing wax. this is because the wax was only gluing hair together but can prevent maturing, in fact dreading at all for many years. this messy loose condition will quickly resolve itself as actual dreading commences.

you may post your wax off challenge experiences in reply to this below

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

http://www.dreadheadhq.com/pre-dreading-wash

jonny clean states "residues condition the hair and impede the ability to knot and tangle"

not to mention thick residues that glue the hair in place completely preventing tangling..

contradict yourself much jonny boy?

--
Antonio Llamar
@antonio-llamar
11 years ago
27 posts
I am a former johnny clean Client and tbh, when I first started my first set of dreads in 09 I swore by the DreadHead Hq products and I followed their guide on dreading down to the T.. I used the wax palm rolled, washed with there shampoo and backcombed to start them..so about 6 months down the road after washing and regular waxing they began to look like the picture above, just drowning in wax..to the point where I could squeeze my dread(s) at any time and would have disgusting wax residue on my fingers..mind you I was doing exactly what they said waxing and washing regularly...And I would never go thru that again...and the dreads I have now are WAYYYY better since I have no wax, and I just wash and separate and they are much healthier
Antonio Llamar
@antonio-llamar
11 years ago
27 posts
^^^^^P.S. I ended up having to cut those dreads all the way off due to wax build up..
Tova Love
@tova-love
11 years ago
1 posts

It is not ugly :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

twist them?

i know everyones suposed to be colorblind and treate all races equaly ..but on some subcounncouse level they must know your not black or at least your hair types not the type to work when twisted

or do u work some meanial job where the average iq is under 7

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

oh wait u say they shave thier heads

nuff said

shaving dulls down the sences and inhibits the ability to think clearly

--