Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadlocks shampoo and dandruff

Hannah Wright
@hannah-wright
11 years ago
22 posts

I was just curious as to if anybody has success with getting rid of dandruff with the dreadlocks shampoo you all speak about. Im a bit upset because i just ordered some rosemary lavendar and peppermint oils from mountain rose herbs and i've been using them with my baking soda washes and sometimes with my ACV rinse aswell and they have helped with the itching and the "musky" smell. However i thought my dandruff would have started to clear up by now and it hasn't, it's been 2 months since I started dreading. (just a side note, i had a tiny bit of dandruff to begin with but it's gotten worse since i cant brush any of it out now) Anyways my scalp feels fine, it rarely gets itchy, but then i look and the mirror and the flaking is still there! Will these shampoo bars help? I'm desperate to get rid of these flakes!!

updated by @hannah-wright: 01/13/15 09:44:25PM
katietheladi
@katietheladi
11 years ago
34 posts

I have the lockin up liquid and pretty much no flakes. When i was just doing the BS and i was starting to get some so i would say it does help. my scalp has always been pretty good. I've seen on here that the liquid is best for new locs, im a week or 2 behind you. the shampoo says its rosemary infused but im also thinking that because you have to rub it in it helps loosen the dead skin whereas with BS you dont scrub at all

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

They helped with my flaky scalp, I have used the bs acv wash a few times, and get flaky scalp right away. After I go back to the dreadlockshampoo bars it gets better again. I really like the feeling of the bs acv but my scalp does not like it.

I did the same thing. I just bought oils and now I may not use the bs acv wash anymore.

peace and blessings

Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

I've heard they should work. Although I have never tried, I can't help but be sceptical. I use the oils mixed in a rinse, which I use at the end of my wash. That way the smell is much stronger and stays in your hair. You would think that having the oils there for longer would have a greater affect, but I still get dandruff.

Now, I did hear that too much teatree oil can cause dryness of the scalp. That might cause dandruff, but Idialledit way down and still get it.

My solution, though it may be unpopular, I bought a head honcho from DHHQ. It is a head scratcher basically. Before my wash, I scrape my scalp and release as much skin as possible. Being, gentle of course, but having a good scratch, nonetheless. Then I have the BS/ACV rinses, followed by my freezing rinse and then the oils mix. WhenIfirst started, I found that the freezing rinse helped with dandruff. I'm not sure if it really had a massive effect, becauseIcant remember exactly what it was like before. But yeah, The head honcho works for me.

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

I had zero dandruff before I started, zero dandruff after I started, I have used dreadlockshampoo from the start. Then, I wanted to try the bs acv, now I have dandruff. I wont knock the bs acv, it obviously works for alot of people, but I think I will stick to the dreadlockshampoo, and hopefully go back to the no dandruff status. Now I have bought oils to fix my dandruff. The spider ate the fly then the frog ate the spider, etc.

Can't you just scratch your head with a stick, or a fork. Or do you need to part with $ for it to work?

Doogie
@doogie
11 years ago
321 posts
Wash and rinse with cool/semi-warm water and cold water as your final. The colder the better. www.dreadlockshampoo.com , will also help with the dandruff. Also wash and rinse the same as mentioned and a cold rinse as your final.
Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

Haha.. I don't think so. You really need the length of the spikes to get to the scalp, under the dread. i'd use my fingers, but I have no nails.

Hannah Wright
@hannah-wright
11 years ago
22 posts

Thanks everyone (:

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form